#23 Tennessee vs. #13 Northwestern

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 6, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was there. I didn't think it was that great. It was a "what could have been," "wait til next year" season that ended up leading to 2005. No thanks.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

One of my more pissed off moments in Neyland.

That game was over.

3. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

It was a great year compared to 2008-2015 but that says more about how much we fell off

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was the last time, the lone exception being 2009, that a Tennessee team exceeded expectations

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I decided I'm not going to the game. I finally realized I just don't give a shit about the game enough to drive two and a half hours to see it.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Even Hubbs and Brice are putting the pressure on for next year.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Until Botch strikes again, then they will be fellating him about how he's turned the program around regardless of wins and losses

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

As they should be

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't think there are many who can objectively look at the returning roster and the rest of the SEC and not see potential for a really good year. It's going to be difficult to roll out any excuse next year.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How long have you been a Tennessee fan? Have you seen how much stamina our fans and coaches for excuse making?

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

they can make them all they want, but fewer people will accept them, I think. It was getting pretty thorny around here Georgia week even this year

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think people are recognizing that this is the first time we've had a full roster in a decade. Expectations are definitely going up.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Youth and such

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's no youth anywhere next year. They're returning 4 starting olinemen, a QB, a RB, almost all the receivers, all linebackers and 3 of the 4 off the defensive line. Todd Kelly Jr and Evan Berry will be the safeties, they've both seen plenty of action.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sure, we know that.

We are in the minority, though.

16. GahLee

I don't think you are. I think the general expectation will be to play in Atlanta and be a dark horse for the playoffs.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Beecher quoted someone from the other place.

18. GahLee

That's one guy. An idiot at that.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Lightest schedule I can remember.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You really think it's not a popular opinion after everything you've read from UT fans?