2nd Amendment / Firearm Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jul 12, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Remington loves Democrats

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The entire AR fad.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He hasn't been trying to ban assault weapons?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it was a major goal, he would have done it back in 2009 or 2010. He's been President for over half a decade. It isn't happening. Gotta keep the fear going though. The well will run dry if the White House changes hands.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Obamaphobia is a part of it but this administration has been using the threat to gin up demand that strips the shelves for recreational reloaders like me... it is curious to me that as soon as things die down and the supply chain begins to flow normally, the government comes along with some legislation to ban this that or the other and its off to the races again. It forces people like me to have to buy way more than I need or would like to store but when primers, brass and bullets became more widely available I now have enough to last three lifetimes... when pow pow becomes widely available again, I'll buy enough to last several decades too because I know what's coming. Another government manufactured "crisis" that will empty the shelves. At least the next time this happens I won't have to pay several times more than fair market from somejackwagon on Gunbroker...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  6. Savage Orange

Yes, I realize that is reactionary and makes me part of the problem but I really love to shoot and hate to not be able to for lack of supplies...

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

TiteWad I can get. I finally found a pound of varget a few weeks ago, after months of looking.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Red Rider, buy 1000 bbs for a few bucks!

9. fl0at_

I just point my finger and say "pew pew." Infinite ammo, and I can even set it to stun.

10. Savage Orange

How much did you have to pony up.for the Varget? I found a place a couple of months ago that had a pound of Varget and a pound of CFE 223... $75 later I had some pow to keep me going. I shouda worked a trade for some .22lr I have...

11. fl0at_

I want to say $33 or so for the pound. I just signed the receipt.

I've seen a good bit of cfe 223 the last few months.

12. Savage Orange

Just got off the phone with a guy I know that found an 8# jug of Unique he's going to split with me.... I feel like a lottery winner!

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Wait until you need dental work.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I have some .38 SP and .357Mag brass if anyone can use it.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hold up. You don't think Holder and Obama would take away huge segments of the guns available if it had been politically possible?

Had he not blown all of his political capital on a repayments trillion and the abomination that is Obamacare, he might have been able.

16. OrangeEmpire

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawmakers-taking-crack-expanding-gun-checks-29366740

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love guns, but I don't care about the background checks changing. Does that make me a bad gun owner?

18. OrangeEmpire

Have you killed any one?

:confused:

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, so I can still pass a background check

20. OrangeEmpire

A background check is just a partial solution.

Heck, the only reason I'm an NRA member is to piss people off.