8thMaxim NFL Mock Draft discussion topic

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Feb 23, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Alright, the combine is running now, so we should get this started next weekend I think. Wanted to start a new thread just for everyone to post and let me know they are a definite. If you want in, say so in this thread by Thursday.

I imagine some folks will have more than one team and we will do two rounds. Once on the clock, you will have 24 hours to make your selection. That gives us two months to go through 64 picks.

Again, simply reply to this by Thursday, and I will randomly assign teams by Friday evening, giving the number one pick a little extra time to get rolling when the clock starts at noon Central time on Saturday, March 1. Please be prepared to give a short write up about your teams needs and why you picked the player you did. Doesn't have to be super in depth, but would be cool to organize them ten or so at a time for blog posts if everyone is okay with that.

Let's get this party started, gentlemen.

Participants:

Emainvol
    Volfanjo
    [penis] Huffman
    Utvol0427
    OrangeEmpire
    NYYVol
    IP
    justingroveS
    Govols
    Woodshed
    Dooz
    GahLee
    MaconVol
    Tankervol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

With first pick in the 2014 8thmaxim Mock Draft, volfanjo selects...

I'm in.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I wanna play......pick me

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

In.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm in. Gonna draft only left-handed players.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yet no one can feel a thing.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Count me in

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'll attempt it.

11. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'll do this if I can have the 49ers, or another NFC West team. I dont pay near enough attention to any other team to provide any real insight.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Too late?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

My bad guys, was supposed to kick this off already, but got bogged down with work. I'll set it up tomorrow. Looks like we picked up some extra people though, so that helps. So the first few picks will get a little cushion until we get rolling.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, going to go ahead and give Dooz two West teams to cut dowm on people having three teams to pick for.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, GahLee, you are in. Waiting for one more response and we might roll out thirteen. everyone will have at least two teams, a few will have three

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I'm in if there is room

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yep, you are in

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If possible, I'd like Denver. If this is going to create too much work having everyone trying to pick a team or two, don't worry about it.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'll throw some stuff around, if anyone else wants something specific, speak now

I was hoping for a few more entrants, but with 13 or 14 of us, honoring a few requests won't be too hard