8thMaxim NFL Mock Draft discussion topic

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Feb 23, 2014.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

IP should have picked the fastest receiver available.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am assuming we are no simulating what they will pick. Otherwise, ya that or a QB.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seriously though, is this not the draft for the 3-5 teams to strongly consider trading their picks for more picks? This draft is so deep, but there are not very many sure things either.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He did get the 2nd fastest OL based on his write up. The ghost of Al is not communicating clearly.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Absolutely. Especially considering that Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Oakland have so many needs. Trade down and load up on picks.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Al won't listen. I keep telling him he's dead and I don't believe in ghosts. He wanted Tajh Boyd, for the record.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Haha

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Believe in ghosts or not, if Dickens had been writing A NFL Draft Carol instead of A Christmas Carol, a finer Jacob Marley you couldn't find were you looking beyond the late Al...

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is an astute observation, if you were an NFL network exec in 2008 looking for a holiday special.

10. tankervol

tankervol Member

While I agree, the issue is finding a trade partner wanting to move up. Aside from Clowney and maybe Robinson, there isn't a player with trading up for.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Worth trying, though. Who knows, a good team without a lot of holes might find it worth it if they think the piece they get puts them over the top.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If Watkins falls enough, the Niners will make a play for him I think

13. tankervol

tankervol Member

They'd have to move into the top 6, IMO.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Someone will ffall in love with Bridgewater and Manziel and trade up for one of them. I'm betting the texans take Bortles and then chaos as the Browns, vikings and jags go for st louis' 2nd pick

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I really like Bortles, but I would be too unsure to go after him that early.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Possible. Although I believe they think they have a diamond in Quinton Patton.

17. tankervol

tankervol Member

And Tampa. By the way, Tampa's new unis are ugly as hell.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I agree.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Words can't describe how awesome this would be.