8thMaxim NFL Mock Draft discussion topic

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Feb 23, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Generating draft order right now. I will first randomize the list of participants, then randomize the list of teams and distribute accordingly. IP will be locked on the Broncos and Dooz will be given the closest two NFC West teams to his position in order. 4 drafters will have 3 teams, everyone else will have two

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Thanks for setting this up, emain. Should be fun.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

First pick is in, and justingroves is now on the clock for the St. Louis Rams

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good deal. Also seeing I have the Oilers, just to save any trouble of me having to worry about picking for a team I despise, I'll go ahead and claim Paul Hornung. All depending on if he isn't taken before then.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good first pick.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn, another good pick. Here I thought I was being outside the box looking at that one.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What teams am I picking for??

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Lol nm I'm picking for NO and NWE, the two teams I despise.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's what makes it fun.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

utvol0427 is on the clock. We are moving along quickly so far, so I don't feel the need to give anyone a time limit yet.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Got the Falcons and the Cowboys. Should be interesting. Also, can we do trades?

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It'd be nice to lean more towards a virtual GM type thing with this, but kinda hard to pull off too, so I say we stick where we are at. Also, since we already started it would be a little off to do it now, since I can definitely see the Texans moving that pick IRL

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

BTW, tanker and groves nailed it from a perspective of what I had in mind with the write ups. If you aren't sure how to proceed on yours, use that as a template. Obviously, do what you feel comfortable with, but that is a nice, easy and clean way to go about it and will translate very well to a blog format, I think.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I bet the Rams trade the #2 to a qb needy team

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Browns imo

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And end up with Sammy Watkins.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You guys are all killing it so far, thanks for that. IP is on the clock.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Khalil Mack pick makes too much sense for the Jags though. Their front office isn't that smart

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If I were the Jags, I'd trade down if there were a team in love with Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles. If they pick at 3, they have to go with Mack.

Edit: That's all assuming Clowney is off the board. If he's there at 3, take him.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I can't imagine Johnny Football being to thrilled about playing in Cleveland if they do draft him.