A&M Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 14, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yea this seems like an easy way just to get Joe some pitches and catches too.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am afraid Milton cannot even check down to a RB.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

just have to call it. Verts and send Wright or Sampson into the flat or late angle route on the lb.
    Running game, dump it to rbs. Hitches. Goes. That’s it. We can’t throw between the hashes. Nobody open and we are late and 50/50 it will be a tipped ball. Milton doesn’t see windows early or places to throw guys open. Just doesn’t have the feel for it.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think there's much stuffing this run game, the only way it doesn't work is not running it. TAMU has the best defensive line in college football and Wright carved them up

hohenfelsvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not unless he's told to

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The flip side of things is we’re all mad but we’re 5-1 or better in back to back seasons for the first time in 24 years so there’s that.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This and throwing deep to Squirrel is our only chance against Georgia. That should be our entire game plan.

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel is going to get Tennessee consistently good, he's playing offense with 10 guys right now

hohenfelsvol, SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate it for Milton too

11. Ssmiff

the UT 1998 plan. Run. Throw to rbs. Throw deep to Peerless.
    We have to give some credit to OL and rbs for the rushing numbers we are putting up with a limited offense. And defenses see some of the traps coming, attack, and our rbs have the feel and vision to bounce it. 2 years ago Wright just ducked his head and ran into whatever was there. His improvement is crazy. Trying to figure who he reminds me of. Little Hardesty?

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Reminds me of a blend of Houston and Hardesty.

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same. He has a great attitude and a gift from God. Just doesn't have it between the ears. That is hard to fix.

14. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It sucks. Even if he’s frustrating as hell I think he’s an easy guy to pull for but it just flat out isn’t ever going to really click for him.

15. HCKevinSteele

That first 4th down was the ultimate Milton play. Could have 100% converted it running or throwing but instead he strung it out until he couldn’t make either work.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  16. Ssmiff

Bad playcall. We had 34 blocking and 6 right behind him with throwing lane blocked. No room. Too many Wrs on short side of the hash within feet of each other. Run wasn’t open either.
    Again think pass was supposed to go to 6 but there were too many bodies so poor design or somebody ran wrong route..

17. HCKevinSteele

Admittedly I was at the game and haven’t seen a replay so maybe I what I thought I saw wasn’t quite right.

18. Ssmiff

he shoulda just tucked but nothing was there really.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Same, I just saw it and it wasn’t there.

20. Ssmiff

Looks like he could float one to 9 but don’t think he can really float and not sure he can see him.

Attached Files:

21. Ssmiff

Not there

Attached Files: