A&M Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And I don’t think he can see 9

Attached Files:

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The thing is, it is fourth down. I don't care what the play call is or how bad it looks, do something.

Anything. Literally throw it into traffic or back across the field or up in the air and hope someone on your team comes down with it.

Anything.

3. Ssmiff

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The ball should have been in the air as soon as Keyton came out of his break. I'm not sure he has the touch to complete it, but 100x better than what he did.

justingroves likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, I love ssmiff's Sunday morning breakdown and screenshots. I ain't got the time to go back and look for this stuff, so glad someone is doing it.

6. Ssmiff

agree he has to float it. Think if he coulda seen it clearly he woulda let it go. Bunch of bodies over there in a tight area

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah and if he's not going to put it in the air, in the first pic you posted he needed to decide that he was getting to the sticks and go. His indecisiveness is killing the offense.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Just realized we basically were just in the Big 10 for 4 hours yesterday. That was basically an Iowa - Wisconsin game.

justingroves likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Whatever we actually scored 2 touchdowns

10SEvols and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now that I am a day away from the emotional nature of football, I want to give a shout out to Josh Heupel, whom I was kind of pissed with yesterday. The man is not married to any one play style on offense, to the point where he takes his square peg players and tries to mash them into his infallible round hole offense. HE adapts to the players.

We had 29:12 ToP yesterday.

We had 29:45 ToP against USCjr.

He has slowed the game way down from last year and he slowed it down even more last year compared to his first year here. I am not a big believe in ToP as meaning too much, but it is telling in this case. He knows what he has and running at warp speed is not where we are strong.

It warms my heart to see a coach that isn't married to his way of doing things to the detriment of the team.

But in the moment of a game, I will still give him hell!

11. Ssmiff

Beamer goes on a rant with a big bus and a lot of players under it. Heup says “I didn’t get any of those decisions right”

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

National defensive rankings:

Sacks-3rd
    First down-10th
    Total defense- 17th
    Scoring-18th
    Rushing-20th
    3rd down-22nd
    pass efficiency-24th
    Pass yards allowed-29th

IP likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Don’t necessarily have to see him. You know it’s 4th down and you know where he’s supposed to be. Throw it to that spot and hope he’s there, rather than throwing it out of bounds.

But I still don’t like the play call.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When I think of Heupel, I think of Offense. I loved hearing these comments....

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We haven't played the hardest part of our schedule yet so those numbers don't mean a lot to me.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's only one good oline left ang it ain't that good

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It’s still a massive improvement over last season. Plus, that hardest part of the schedule that is still to come doesn’t include a lot of top offenses.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is strange to think that what we saw was a Bobby Petrino coached offense.