A question for the health freaks

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Damn, I did tee that one up pretty bad.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That would help explain why the hot chic you used to date turned lesbo. Just saying.....

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh, right. I forgot about that one 53. I was going to make some sort of crack about your dong resembling a vagina.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Chyna's post steroid vagina, if it's a warm day.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The Back Door to Chyna....Google it if you don't know what it is.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

A man with a filthy mind like myself reads this and then thinks about a lot of interesting things.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

not that it really pertains to getting a 6 pack, but i maxed out pretty close to what i thought i would. Weight: 175; Bench: 255; Squat: 355; Clean: 205; Snatch:135; shuttle: 4.25

we also did a workout called Grace. 30 clean and jerks with 135 lbs timed. I got it in 3:42. It's a hard [uck fay]ing workout lol

8. kidbourbon

When you max out on bench, what is your progression? How do you lead up to 255?

That "Grace" sounds pretty Gnarley.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

uhh i think i did like 8 reps of 135, 5 of 185, 1 of 225. Then i did 3 reps of 235 which translated to 255 according to my coach. I feel like i could do 1 rep of 255 for sure though. I got 1 of 245 at the end of a workout yesterday, and almost got the 2nd.

yeah, Grace is a [itch bay]. You should try it and see how you do. We have 4 or 5 workouts like that. Grace is probably the 3rd hardest.

10. kidbourbon

Most I've ever put up is 235. I've done it on various occassions, but haven't done it recently as I work out by myself.* That's been my max since I was 21. I haven't tried to move up because it starts stressing my wrists (I'm a little guy. I weigh between 135-140.)

*What I've been doing now is several sets of 5-7 reps. Like today: 135 -7; 155 -7; 175 -7; 185 - 5; 195 - 5; 205 - 5; quit because I asked for a spot and I hate asking for multiple spots. One of these days I'll go down to the gym with a spotter and see if I can still get 235, but I think I probably can.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

my goal is to be at 275 by the summer. seems attainable with the rate i have been moving up thus far. the real question is what's your squat?

12. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Viactive?

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

My wife is fixing to try a 3 day a week Tuna diet. Supposedly you drop lbs. faster than Jaun Pablo can drop a jet dryer.

Looks promising.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same thing as Viactiv, only made my GNC, so it has their name on it. It says GNC Well Being on it.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I hate GNC so much.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

no taxes and typically cheaper on most stuff I use at their military base stores. The GNC in the local mall is outrageous in prices, but we get pretty good on post discounts. Plus it's a mile away max.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, but you run the risk of picking up high levels of Mercury and other toxins, long term.

Give, if you can survive it, Daniel's Fast a try. Seen that thing work miracles.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Me too. There's no way I could pull it off.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

No fat or sugar leads to weight loss? Shocker.