Are you watching this Western Ky vs Troy game?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lakindofguy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

Absolutely. I don't see him leaving WKY for anything less than a job like Utah or major conference school. There's no reason to. He can do just as much at WKY. I don't know if they won tonight because I got into the NFL game but he he took over a disaster of a program and in a year and a half has lost only 3 games and they were all ranked. WKY could turn into another Boise St if he stays there a while.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why the hell would he go to Utah? He's a Florida native and WKU grad that was a coach on their dII national title team.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Nah - probably not. Like 95% of blacks are for Obama and they had a significant increase in % of blacks that voted last election so that number that voted against him because he was black is dwarfed.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The latter. I'm somewhat sad the National Lampoon's Vacation reference has been missed.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

They are the 3rd best football school in a state that doesn't have any good football schools, and by my quick calculation, they have been absolutely blown out by every major opponent they've played except Kentucky.

They aren't Boise.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If Gruden said no, I would take Charlie Strong in a heartbeat. Beyond that, I'm not so sure who I like. I hope that Taggart isn't ready to jump to a strong SEC program at the same time we're looking for a coach though. Because that'll mean we're looking for a coach again in 3-4 years. I'd really like to find a winner this time.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Is he Mormon?

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'll go out on a limb and guess no.

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

That is the funniest thing in this thread by far.

10. Tar Volon

I think Utah is being used as "generic proven stepping-stone job." Trouble is they're in the Pac-12 now, so they don't really fit the bill. Also Whittingham is still there. Pretty much anywhere in the Big East will make a better stepping stone.

11. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

Utah seems to be a big time coach training ground. Urban Meyer came from there and now Wittingham will get a big chance at some point.

12. Tar Volon

Hasn't Whittingham had big chances and just not taken them because he likes Utah and they're in the Pac-12 now?

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You realize that if, on the off chance, he were to be hired as UT's head coach, he wouldn't have to commute, right?

14. WM

WM Active Member

The OP seems like a Vols version of Billy Costigan.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Taggert has done an exceptional job. The improvement speaks for itself and at no point did Taggert use the term "year zero".

2010 WKU 2–10 2–6 9th
    2011 WKU 7–5 7–1 2nd
    2012 WKU 5-1 2-0

I would take Taggert as HC. I think the powers that be are reluctant to hire a guy his age. I don't think race has anything to do with it. Or at least I would hope it doesn't.

But one part of your post was incorrect. Troy kinda sucks this year.

16. kidbourbon

Kentucky would be full blown RETARDED not to hire him.

17. kidbourbon

Oh, and I don't know if the OP was being serious or is totally just messing with everybody, but the effect is the same. Hilarity.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think it would be a mistake to take the Kentucky job.

19. Tar Volon

The bigger question is whether he would take the job. They have to offer him. But unless they can convince him that they're somehow in a position to make a move, his ceiling there is 6-6/7-5. He might rather jump to the Big East and then go straight to a Tennessee/Georgia/Auburn type school.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I believe their top target should be Petrino.