Are you watching this Western Ky vs Troy game?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lakindofguy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

If not you should. Why? Because you can scout an upcoming opponent. Ok here's even a better reason. Willie Taggert, WKU's head coach. He's done wonders in his first year and a half and WKU. I actually saw Wes Rucker tweet about him so I have to give him the credit for this find. I've been watching this game and WKU does look like an extremely well coached team and a very modern approach. Troy is actually good and this game has been very entertaining. Taggert is also black. He would compliment Couonzo Martin well. Maybe they could become good friends one day. WKU isn't far from us. From 95-98, he was a WKU quarterback as well so he's used to this part of the country.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

No and No

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah...I'm sure he and Cuonzo would become good friends. I'm pretty sure all black people like to hang out with each other. And, it might be a good way to keep Cuozno longer...getting him another black guy to hang out with on the hill.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If he had an intermediate stop at a place like Louisville or Cincy, I'd be on the "hire Taggart if Gruden turns us down" boat. As it is, I suspect he'd have success eventually, but Sun Belt to SEC is a huuuuuuuge jump. Would be an improvement over what we have now, but I'd take Gruden or Strong over him in a heartbeat.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh Lord. Awkward post.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yeah, Cuonzo needs another black guy to hang out with, ostensibly, to play dominoes and work on starting their own record label.

We should hope to make our next hire based solely, or almost entirely, on race. Because as we know, the best way to beat racism....is an even greater frequency of a more blatant form of racism.

7. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

WKU trying to score before the half calls a timeout with 40 seconds left. Wow they still got their remaining two. I like this guy. Troy maybe the best team we play in November.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I was hoping he was being sarcastic?

9. Tar Volon

I was ignoring the racial part and focusing on coaching. Good coach, imo. Not ready to jump to Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if Kentucky hires him though. He'll make them more dangerous immediately.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don't see Taggert staying at WKU long.

11. Tar Volon

Kinda expect he'll be choosing between UK and UL at the end of the year when Joker is fired and Strong jumps to an SEC school.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kentucky would be fools not to try and get him.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I nearly pissed myself on that first paragraph.

14. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

I don't think he would take the Ky job, not even sure about Louisville. He would like to take over for Wittingham at Utah when he leaves for a bigger job. You want to take paths that have been successful instead failed. I wouldn't take the Ky job if I was in a position like him unless I got a 10 year 50 million contract guaranteed plus extra 10 million to fire me.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

well people voted for obama because he was black, why not get a HC bc he was black. it's the cool thing to do

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You think anyone voted against Obama because he was black? Nah.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Are we sure they aren't members of rival gangs?

18. Tar Volon

If Strong moves on to an SEC job, I think Louisville is attractive to an up-and-comer. Agree on Kentucky. On the plus side, you get into the SEC. On the minus side, there's a low floor and a low ceiling.

19. Tar Volon

If Strong moves on to an SEC job, I think Louisville is attractive to an up-and-comer. Agree on Kentucky. On the plus side, you get into the SEC. On the minus side, there's a low floor and a low ceiling.

20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i'm sure they did, but the point i was making was this guy was talking about hiring a coach because he was black and would give CM someone to hang out with since CM is the token black guy in Knoxville