Are you watching this Western Ky vs Troy game?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lakindofguy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Didn't he call UK the third best football school in the state? I'm not even sure he'd take the job if offered.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They think they have a shot at Petrino. And Strong.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How much younger than Lane Kiffin and [ddiapos] is Taggert?

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

1 yr younger than Kiffin. 8 younger than Dooley.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin coached an NFL team. It's a big leap from Sun Belt bottom feeder to a top 10 program. I don't really care about age so much as knowing what you're getting into.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I like the idea of Taggert, I just don't think age is a factor.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think age is either but experience definitely is. I do think Willie's a good coach that will eventually be an a BCS conference but hiring a Sun Belt coach isn't what Tennessee needs.

A big name hire is really the only thing that will fix the fanbase.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Harbaugh coaching tree....worth something....

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

At least to my way of thinking, Petrino is unhirable, so they might.

It's a downward move for Strong. Don't see that happening and haven't heard any discussion about it.

10. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

If Dooley stays on as coach, Kentucky probably will hire Patrino. That's just that just Dooley luck. Patrino won't get a job much better than Kentucky anytime soon. I've actually been predicting he will be Ky's next coach. That would suck.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Petrino at UK and Dooley at UT means our realistic goal is to compete with Vandy for fifth in the SEC East.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I doubt going 7-5 in the pac-12 back to back years, with a losing conference record, is going to get Wittingham any big time coaching jobs.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm a big fan of roman, but I've heard his personality isn't all that great and he's only coached in college for 2 years.