Arkansas Fires Petrino?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Will Petrino Be Fired at Arkansas?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2012.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Joe Schad is reporting Petrino has been fired.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

also hearing reports that Petrino has been fired. It was inevitable. Too much bad publicity for the school to take on. Can't fault Arky at all.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Haha...guess he didn't see this one coming when he told Otha Peters that Dooley wouldn't be here long enough to coach him up and he should come to Arky....gotta love the humor in that.

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Chris Low also reporting Petrino is out. Hi Otha !!:)

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Interim coach for the year then Malzahn taking over would be my guess.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Riding in the back of a cruiser no more makes you an expert in law enforcement than my being fat makes me a chef.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Absolutely did not expect this

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I can't believe some of you thought he would be retained.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Winners get special privileges sometimes. Wouldn't surprise me had he been kept

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I would have been floored had they kept him.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If they go from Petrino to Malzahn it'll be a long, long time before all that slime clears up.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Riding? I was Barbie Cummings before she was Barbie Cummings.

13. Tenacious D

I am chief amongst the ones who thought he'd survive. I didn't think he should have been retained, but that he would be.

As painful as it is for Arky fans, and it undoubtedly is, it was the right thing to do. I just didn't think they would actually pull the trigger.

Money talks, but I guess it doesn't shout.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If we could do a small Bruce comparison here... Bruce won a lot of games, did some stupid things, got fired for it, BUT, comes off to a lot of people as a lovable but wayward character. Bruce hung around a long time because of the latter part.

Petrino is all of the above but utterly contemptible on so many levels I just could never see this ending well for him. His arrogance supersedes almost anyone I have ever seen in sports, both his public image and private decorum.

15. TNVolGirl

TNVolGirl New Member

The article I just read stated that he gave Dorrell $20,000, but they did not elaborate why. Did he REALLY think all of this crazy stuff would stay hidden forever?

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is hysterical.

[video=youtube;vaIu5O-KCd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaIu5O-KCd8[/video]

17. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Pretty much my stance. Can't fault Arky one bit for canning the guy, though. It will be interesting to see where he ends up after this.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yay. Think we can get him on the cheap? Hah

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How long until he's blackballed from the high school ranks?

20. Tenacious D

Lots of people think that characters like Pearl and now Petrino will land somewhere else of near-prominence, but I disagree.

I think it'll be incredibly difficult for either to return in any role close to what they were terminated from. If I had to guess, I bet Petrino goes underground for a year or so and lands a coordinator gig in the NFL, where he spends the rest of his career, or somewhere like McNeese State / MTSU / Memphis / SW Rhode Island State as a HC.