Assistant Coach Adam Howard Resigns

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Volsfan31, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

He resigned for "Personal Reasons" according to UTsports. I'm assuming this isn't good.

Tennessee Basketball @Vol_Hoops · 17m 17 minutes ago
    University of Tennessee men’s assistant basketball coach Adam Howard resigned Monday for personal reasons, effective immediately

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Tyndall going down.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Fall guy?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a little too late for that

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Maybe, maybe not. Too early to say for sure without knowing his involvement at USM.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Wish they'd let Richardson transfer mid-season. What a dumpster fire.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Really?

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

-Gary Parrish.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Unless this is a deal where he's falling on the sword for Tyndall. Maybe that's naive, but it would seem that's a possibility to me without knowing anything else.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd say that's most likely, ala David Reaves.

11. Tenacious D

Like Law, I have no idea...but on its face, it could be an almost-everybody-wins sort of scenario.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How does you scenario play out?

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This guy takes fall and Tyndall can't be proven to have direct knowledge but probably should have known, thus, resulting in far less punishment for Tyndall. May not be at all what happens, but it's a conceivable theory at this point.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

A GA that may not have been involved at USM also resigned today, and a special assistant resigned before the VCU game.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Rob Lewis just backtracked and said GA that was not involved at USM did not resign. Only people that have resigned, at this point, are people targeted in this investigation.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Interesting. I doubt they just made that up about Proffitt. Guess he changed his mind or they wanted to control the fallout or something.

17. Tenacious D

The assistant admits to doing it, outside of either Southern Miss' or Tyndall's knowledge, taking the hit, himself.

The AA gets someone in the end, and avoids the bad pub of having Tyndall (correctly) accusing them of a colluded witch hunt, as it was initiated by a disgruntled former assistant, and with said assistant's friend / fellow staffer now turned AA investigator.

Tennessee keeps its coach.

Southern Miss is exonerated, as is Tyndall.

The assistant lives to fight another day, and gets no show-cause or a much shorter one.

Again, blind-ass guessing.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's hopeful.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Tenny D's speciality

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Cold-blooded