Assistant Coach Adam Howard Resigns

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Volsfan31, Nov 24, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Lack of competence plus incredibly bad luck is a terrible combination

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know about luck. The only big problem I can recall that we shouldn't have seen coming was Kiffin leaving for USC.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

that's mostly what I was referring to, also I guess you could include Pearl's asininity.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You make your own luck. Having folks like hart and cheek around eliminates luck.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Sometimes luck happens. But having those people around prevents you from dealing with it

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Nothing will change for the better until that blundering duo is gone. Whatever initiates that process is arguably worth any (reasonable) collateral damage. Losing a coach but leaving these dolts in place will only continue the clown-filled carousel of misery.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We hired Mike Hamilton and Dave Hart, meaning their bosses were ambivalent as to athletic program health.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We have bad luck, in spades.

So, jokes on you.

10. Tenacious D

Rumor (baseless as it may be) is that they offered USM immunity from the outset. And you can have a snitch, but if you're after Tyndall, and every anecdotal piece of evidence seems to suggest that he is their primary target in all of this, you've got to have someone who can unequivocally link the action back to him, directly, to get that done.

But that could be wrong.

11. Tenacious D

Hard to argue with this.

Would it be worth rolling over to avoid a show-cause? Or, is the rolling over actually more damaging? I'd trust you to know how that would be perceived in the coaching ranks, moreso than most, and certainly myself.

So, on its face, you see this resignation as likely being a troubling sign for Tyndall?

12. Tenacious D

It'd be far too easy to find out if UT paid this guy to leave.

But, your point (and KidB's) stands, because maybe he was paid, but not by UT.

His resignation has some meaning, I just don't know what, or in which direction it might be best seen as leaning toward.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think that no matter what it signals, it is a big black eye on our program.

Again.

14. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The doctors are getting suspicious about all of the black eyes the program has had recently.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Nice turn of phrase.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Coincidence? I think not.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Haha. Or maybe I experienced a format crisis with 'merry go round' and 'merry-go-round'.

I think I've only been to Carousel once, many years ago.