at Kentucky 2/16/19

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 16, 2019.

1. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

been fun being #1, now time to get to work and make that chip on our shoulder a little bigger

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And a forgettable performance from Williams.

I think it’s easy to overreact, but road games are tough in college hoops. I expected a loss here...didn’t think it’d get as ugly as it did, but expected to lose. Now you move on to host the perfect opponent on Tuesday...whip Vandy and get right back to business.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Burn the tape.

Also, if we fancy ourselves national title contenders, we’re going to have to learn how to play against teams with elite size. We were absolutely lost in the paint tonight

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We won’t shoot this poorly next time, and they won’t get away with the fouls. I think we win the next one.

OneForVol likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Zone.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Alexander played a little soft. Calling him a [ussy pay] on the internet is as soft as it gets

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Essentially mirrored by Bowden.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Poor officiating wasn't the primary contributor to UT getting their asses whipped tonight.

They've played with their food for about 10 games on the run and that mindset came back to bite them tonight. They weren't sharp at all.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He was a damn [ussy pay] tonight. Deal with it. You've been ignoring the glaring problems all year.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It was a pretty big part. UK essentially played football for 25+ minutes. A whistle or two and that stops.

IP, justingroves and OneForVol like this.
  11. Tar Volon

The zone helped on defense. But we either got blocked or threw away a pass every time we tried to drive on offense. We’re not a good enough perimeter team to win the whole game on the perimeter.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hope the unnecessary dunk at the end after we pulled off is some good fuel in two weeks.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Poor shooting and a number of soft defensive possessions were big factors. Can’t ignore the officiating.

14. Tar Volon

I want to agree with you, but they called everything in the second half and we still didn’t get a damn thing inside. Maybe we were already too rattled to something, but our offense didn’t get better when the game got called tighter.

lylsmorr likes this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UK's level of play was still about 10 pts better than UT's with better officiating.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

23-2 dude. I know the issues this team has. I simply have zero need to repeat them adnauseum.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We beat the shit out of one of their best football teams ever. They beat the shit out of one of our best basketball teams ever.

justingroves likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve said it plenty of times, and I’ll keep saying it. Washington should have been on the bench with 3 fouls halfway through the first half. Should have had 4 and 5 less than 5 minutes into the second half.

The refs’ biggest impact on the game was allowing him to get away with murder and stay in the game. It’s a different ball game if he’s on the bench early.

IP likes this.
  19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Your last statement is what makes the tape valuable if you know how to digest it. We didnt lose this game due to scheme. But one thing it showed was a weakness some of which is not about just out playing bigger skilled players.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Our shooters weren’t hitting shots. Why would UK step out to defend the perimeter if we aren’t hitting anything?