at Kentucky 2/16/19

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 16, 2019.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

UT is a lot easier to guard when Turner and Bowden cant score. The paint gets much more traffic.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We've only played 3 ranked teams all season and lost to two of them. The record is nice, but we're getting to the part of the season where we find out if we're for real or not.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Eh. We didn’t adjust to Washington until way to late, and we waited way to long to move to the zone.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree. And we shot horribly (while they shot well). I expect better shooting next time.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Louisville has been ranked for a good part of the season.

OneForVol likes this.
  7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It was horrifically bad. Cannot be overstated.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well, that was horrible.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

They whipped us in every phase of the basketball game. We should have zero excuses. Referees be damned.

10. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I disagree. The refs allowed them to play early without any consequence. Makes a huge difference.

11. GahLee

Paging IP.

12. GahLee

Yes he can. He is a reserve, Does everything he is supposed to do.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Williams still had 16 points and only had 4 or 5 FG attempts per the box score. If Bowden and Turner make shots, it would have freed Grant up more.

I think the let it go officiating early had Tennessee rattled. At the least, they should have protected Grant on the Williams shoulder/elbow up near the head on the screen in the 1st half. Fulkerson, IMO, played some of the best defense of anyone in the second half. He challenged shots better.

14. GahLee

To even question it is silly. UT is for real.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bowden and Turner 0-11 from 3. Add in Schofield, and they’re 1-17.

Anyone honestly think that’s going to happen again?

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If you go back and watch, Fulkerson was the reason our second half run ended. Back to back bad defensive possessions, and I want to say he messed something up on offense in between.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hes a reserve who's mins will dwindle the further this team goes. He ll buy you mins against USC and UGA types over a season but as the games get bigger his mins will shrink. So no, he cant play at this level.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We are going to have to keep shooting 3s s them and hit. Grant will be doubled and trying to finish against length inside with penetration wont work

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Probably depends on if they drive and kick it or force contested jumpers

20. GahLee

None of them worked for an open shot as hard as the man that was defending them. That has to change.

21. GahLee

Bruh, we sucked all game long.