at Kentucky 2/16/19

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 16, 2019.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That was a hard hitting game, I can't remember hits that hard in the Kentucky football game.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

A healthy Gonzaga has an argument to be above us, and Kentucky has obviously shown their potential. We’re top five, I’m just not sure where in the top five

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

No way we make the CFB playoff now right?

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I dont think there is a clear cut order nor a big difference in the top group.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This was a great test for us. Not the end of the world we failed the test either. Just sucks it was to that mouth-breathing bunch of hill jacks who are lead by one of the scummiest people to ever patrol a sideline.

The real test now begins. I would imagine when UK rolls into TBA, we will either return the punch- or we will be steamrolled again. I don’t think the character of this team allows that to happen twice.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Can't have a great story without some adversity. Now that we have adversity let's make the story great with a great ending.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Duke and UK have the NBA freaks, when they decide to play they're the clear cut top 2.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think the refs would have let us get away with knocking the shit out of their guys like they did ours.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That was my thought as well. I’m fairly convinced of it.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Certainly not at Rupp.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is the element that really can't be dismissed away. That first half, UK was allowed to knock guys to the floor in non-basketball plays. There's no excuse for it. There's no rationalizing it.

OneForVol likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I rewatched most of the game a little earlier. There was a lot of undercutting and late contact on shooters. Cheap shit

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m a football guy so I’m looking at it from that view.

But I would have put in my most physical backup and told him to knock the ever living [uck fay] out of 25 in the first half to send a message back to Kentucky.

NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Would love to see someone put together all the clips of uncalled fouls from the first and early second half of that game. I get that some calls get missed, but there’s no doubt in my mind that there would be undeniable evidence that we were completely and intentionally [uck fay]ed over.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Have you never watched a Kentucky home basketball game before?

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

wife hadn't watched much basketball before this year and asked, "Does their coach yell at the refs the whole game?"
    Grant got cheapshotted several times but i'd like to see him hit the floor less. That shoulder and elbow from 25 on the pick, but Grant is 6'7 250 and shouldn't go down in a spinning heap. Try to sell too often and they stop buying.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Find three Hanson brothers and ask them to walk on for the next game.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

When is the key tho.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

25902.jpeg This was a jump ball. Sums up the game and recent vibe.

kmf600 likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the vibe I had during and after the game. No matter how you slice it, it was not a fair contest. We didn't help ourselves, but it wasn't officiated remotely fairly.