Auburn Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 13, 2018.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

1. This was the most prepared team I’ve seen on the field since Kiffin’s year here. Defensively we didn’t fall for any of Auburn’s window dressing. That’s a team that has been prepared in the film room, and during scout. The look on Malzahn’s face is the one we’ve seen on our sidelines the last 8-9 years.

2. Pruitt coached to win today. This wasn’t a head to the plains and keep it respectful. This was foot on the throat at every chance possible.

3. Offensive play calling still sucks at times. Continuing to run the football on early downs isn’t doing us many favors, but staying the course did allow for a couple big play action passes and also kept the Auburn offense off the field without a chance to figure it out.

4. Pruitt’s defense is taking on the mold of the greatest defensive mind in NCAA history. Strong on the edge, with solid secondary play. Every unit on that defense has gotten better as the year has went on. That’s comforting to see.

5. Jarret Guarantano has severe limitations. He’s a one read chucker. But as my dad used to tell me growing up, if you’re going to be stupid you better be tough. He’s a tough ass kid who I’m not completely ready to write off. Fix his feet. Fix his progression and he may be someone that’s adored by this UT fan base.

6. Bob Kesling still sucks monkey balls. His damn call on the defensive touchdown is proof he’s useless. No emotion. Didn’t describe shit. It’s a shame that there isn’t one call in his entire tenure that can be replicated. He, nor anyone else will ever he John Ward, but dammit have some life.

7. Auburn is in real trouble. No offensive identity. Horrible QB play and a severe disconnect with the staff and both sides of the ball. The offense is smoke and mirrors at best and has no rhyme or reason to anything.

8. To win, you must turn teams over and take care of the ball. Pruitt has preached that to this team since week 1. It’s amazing to see that vision come to fruition.

9. Building off that. This dude can flat out [uck fay]ing coach. We are also seeing a maturation process with Pruitt from week to week. He pushed all the right buttons today and played to win. I said during the Florida game that the game was too fast for him. You can see it slowing down as time goes by... and once he gets his guys on campus.... look out.

10. Lastly, God I have missed being an obnoxious UT fan. Took my kids for a drive with rocky top blaring to ear drum busting decibels. My kids were engaged during the game... go to to see dad get a little redneck and finally got a taste of UT not sucking. For that.... thank you boys.

TangoUniform, bigjintx, MWR and 14 others like this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

11. [uck fay] Auburn.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Re: 10, my 5 year old was actually interested in a game for the first time ever. Damn near made me cry.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Feel good fellows. I had to call my teenagers into the room to get them to watch the second half after watching most of the first.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Was in full agreement til you used "maturation process".

NYY likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This defense is going to be fun to watch once there's a little more talent out there.

Pruitt was playing mind games with Stidham.

I hope they continue to let JG chuck it. He's got severe limitations, but he's tough as hell and has a good arm

Chandler is special

I would take 11 Jennings and win a lot

hohenfelsvol, Memtownvol and NYY like this.
  7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I went to the golf course and worked in the garage. I'm glad I recorded it. What I did see, and absolutely loved, was seeing a couple of throws down field and letting our big [penis] receivers go up and get some balls.

hohenfelsvol, kptvol and NYY like this.
  8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Kmf is all about the big Richards and coconuts

hohenfelsvol, NYY and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jennings is my spirit animal.

Beechervol likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Another thing, Pruitt is constantly coaching. He's not yelling at officials or screaming to scream, he's getting after it.

He got all over Scherrer on a 3rd down stop. He's constantly talking to guys coming off the field.

hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The coaching per minute is off the scale. he's not just doing it every stoppage, it's meaningful volumes of information-- not just like "reminders" and pep talk shit.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Watch how he talks to Jennings, he's using him like an extra set of eyes. Every time he comes off the field, they're in conversation.

Memtownvol, IP and NYY like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

First win over a ranked opponent on the road by an unranked Vols team since 2000?!

[uck fay] me, that is sad, given how often we've been unranked.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And he’s having to have a guy lasso him off the field during play calls. That makes my heart happy

justingroves and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, the lasso guy had a grin on his face about how hard he was having to pull.

NYY likes this.
  16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tone down the racism, please.

hohenfelsvol and utvol0427 like this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Way too many adjectives in that stat. Seems Butchesque.

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

cant wait to watch again at 2 am after I fall asleep in an hour.

19. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Why was the Seth Williams TD not reviewed? He did not have control and then it was intercepted.

tvolsfan, warhammer, lylsmorr and 3 others like this.
  20. cpninja

cpninja Member

Loved seeing a coach play to win instead praying they can milk the clock. That deep ball on our first play after AU went 3 and out in the 4th qtr was beautiful

Memtownvol likes this.