Auburn Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 13, 2018.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We do set a damn good edge though at times. You can tell it's point of emphasis.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just hope we don't do stupid shit and give Pruitt a 5 year extension and $10 billion dollar raise.

Too many schools jump that shit the first year and get burned hard.

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Agreed. He's got a 6 year deal now. Let's see what Tennessee looks like after year 3 and if he's as good as most of us think he will be, lock that SOB in for the long haul.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I actually thought, overall, the offensive game plan was a good one. JG is a one read chucker. So run enough to keep Auburn in the box, then give him one read chucks to throw. That 36 for 68 was enough to allow the 21/32 for 328.

Memtownvol, justingroves and NYY like this.
  5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hindsight and a weekend to reflect, the trying to stay the course with the run game certainly helped. If anything, it allowed the defense to stay off the field some and keep Auburn's offense from getting into any rhythm or allowing that damn cheetah they have to get open and make a back-breaking play.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Biggest gripe I have with our run game is that it is predictable. If you have the hogs to do it, then you can be. We don't.

And when I can tell sitting on the couch what the check off is, I'm pretty certain that the defense can too.

JudgmentVol and IP like this.
  7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Zone blocking sucks with this group. And our biggest failure of the day was the failed 4th when our best OLineman let a defender cross his face. If we can finish plays, try and establish a new LOS, this group isn't as bad as they were week 1. And in fact, you could make a case that they are one of the most improved units up to this point. Even though they still have severe limitations.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If we get to a bowl game and win, he’ll get a raise/extension. First things first though,,,

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Agreed that they have improved. But we are terrible and zone blocking and seem to do much better when we just line up, number the guys 1-4 from the center, and go and get them.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Control your gap or Him block. I don't care which one. Or both.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Banks needs to desperately learn how to carry the damn football. Lining up, smashing a guy's face in with a guy like Banks behind it would soothe my soul

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Much more doable now. Figure Bama's a loss, Charlotte's a win, you now need to go 2-2 against Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri and Vandy. That seems a lot easier than 3-1.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I've been saying it for weeks. When Fromm has pressure on him, hes like a lot of QBs, he folds up. Uga is best when they're running the ball effectively and Fromm throws it 20 times or less a game and isnt replied upon to do a lot.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UGA has the wrong offensive coordinator for that

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

No doubt

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Pruitt sounds like the kind of guy who would be awesome on the coaches broadcast of the national championship. At least from a defensive perspective.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

hard to block too when you tip off where the run is going. You can see defenders tell each other at times and attack the los where they know its going.

18. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I can't get the sound to work.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018