Auburn Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 13, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Great question. I'd like to hear more about that call.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I swear I thought Tyson Helton was the lasso guy while we were on defense.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I saw that. He has a guy constantly pulling on him to keep him off the field. I like that.

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I would only add that our receivers caught the ball extremely well...won every jump ball and most of those balls were high. Those guys made plays. JJ caught one for a first down and was hit hard from behind. Hung on.

We have some strong guys catching the ball and that gives us a chance to get some points. We might have a workable O now

IP likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We have a really good receivers coach so I am not surprised at all that our guys are winning jump balls. He coached Miller at Memphis the same way.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have some gamers that want the ball. I understand practice drops. Instinct is taken out a little in practice.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Took us a quarter to settle down on D. Outside of the WTF TD we gave up before the half, we adjusted well. Props to Pruitt for that. Still a ant to see more IForm on short yardage the missed 4th down conversion was disappointing with a single back set. Auburn has given up on the season, gonna be ugly for them the rest of the year.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Enjoyed seeing us use the middle of the field on passing routes. We actually took advantage of our WRs

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We gave up a TD drive on their first possession. Didn't give up another sustained TD drive until their last possession. Helluva defensive performance.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

And that horseshit call on Bituli gifted [uck fay] Auburn their last TD.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Good hands.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Their hands aren't the only thing. Watch Jennings on this one:

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Auburn!

warhammer likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Technically offensive pass interference but [uck fay] Auburn

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Ooh buddy. *takes cover*

In all seriousness, thoughts (in no particular order)

-I wish this game happened more, I’m biased and I appreciate shit talking but I think the fan bases get along well and it’s a fun game.
    -I’ve never been in a stadium with a stranger vibe. I guess that’s because Auburn’s current situation is a bit unprecedented in terms of a power program badly wanting to fire a coach and not being able to.
    -Tennessee has got a damn ball coach.
    -On this, it cannot be overstated how big this win was for Tennessee. Auburn is bad, beating them doesn’t mean Tennessee is good, BUT it is the kind of win that can slingshot the program forward. A month ago 0-4 against USCe, UK, Vandy and Kentucky seemed plausible. 4-0 is not at all unrealistic.
    -Anthony Schwartz is so fast, he makes fast people look, not fast. Compared to Auburn’s current backup RB, Jabari Davis was a damn speedster.
    -Auburn is about to make 2017 Tennessee look like a well functioning program.
    -That JJ/Fulmer moment was awesome.

And, because if I don’t say it myself some goober will, [uck fay] Auburn.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

tl;dr;fa

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

GD IP I’m not ever going to be able to make a 2+ sentence post ever again.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tl;Dr;FA

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And that moment between JJ and Heavy is good shit man. Fun to see people that have been shown mercy show some respect. And kudos again to Pruitt and Fulmer for allowing JJ back and not trying to make some faux line in the sand using him.

20. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

JJ's "I got you, Coach" had me feeling something, man.

Memtownvol and NYY like this.