Auburn Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 13, 2018.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Auburn’s it. Not sure how many times I will need to say that.

Been a long damn time since I felt anything from a Tennessee loss but I’ll always be an East Tennesseean who grew up in Neyland and I’m happy for my friends and family that things are looking up for Tennessee. It’s really too soon to tell but there’s a chance they found something special in Pruitt. It’s funny that a guy who has a hothead reputation appears to be wise beyond his years most of the time.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I would tell them to kiss my ass and be done with it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I dunno, lowder probably has this set aside in some south American bank account hes been hiding just for emergency purposes.

That or yellerwood will offer it to him in pressure treated pine.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    VolDad and justingroves like this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

That requires them to split UGA and Bama and win everything else. I don’t see it.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn can beat UGA. Fromm isn't going to win anything without a stout run game. That Auburn dline will prison rape UGA's oline.

If Auburn folds, obviously that isn't going to happen

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's that "coaching per minute" stuff IP was talking about

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

As soon as he saw the guy go in motion he sent him. That gave me feels. Lots and lots of feels.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They didn’t have anyone on the left side to pick up the blitz at that point. Hell of a job by Pruitt to recognize that as quickly as he did.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's 5-1 against Gus as a DC/HC

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

Almost every P5 school has $32M, or donor(s) who could easily raise and pay it - whoopty frickin’ do.

It’s all that would come with spending it on firing a coach - particularly one that you just stupidly re-upped - that prevents it.

First, you’d have everyone - the academics, students, Board and probably the Legislature - each wanting to know how you have $32M to blow like that.

And worse, it’s the exact same people who put them in their current position by negotiating / signing /gaining authorization to sign such a stupid contract who are now asking to spend such an exorbitant sum to undo it? You don’t see how their merely asking to stroke a $32M check to correct a mistake which they themselves made, would get them canned? Hell, just resign, at that point.

And, so let’s imagine that they do ask and Auburn does pay $32M to get rid of Gus - you going to let these same cats hire your next coach, and lead those negotiations?

It’s Auburn, so I guess, yeah, probably.

And speaking of negotiation - who do you think that they then get, and how much do you think that next coach wants in salary and guarantees...not to mention what it would take to lure and hire his staff....when you just paid $32M to fire a coach who helped you win a Heisman and a Natty 8 years before, and now only one year removed from your re-upping him?

You’re going to have to reach down 1-2 levels for a not-yet-ready-but-possible-up-and-comer, and pay a premium for him. Then, he’s going to have to grow into the gig...learning on the job, in the most difficult and cut throat conferences, under the brightest lights, on the biggest stage....and in real time.

How do I know this? How to be so certain?

Source: see, “Tennessee”, circa 2009-2017

Yeah, dude, you can come up with $32M, but again, so can most major P5 teams - and while that’s a big hurdle in firing Gus, it by no means solves all of your problems that come with and which will follow that decision.

I’d normally end this by saying “[uck fay] Auburn” - but you guys are not only already doing that just fine to yourselves - but much better, harder and longer than anyone else ever could.

It gets much, much worse, from here.
    Enjoy every second of it.
    Couldn’t happen to a more deserving group of people.

[uck fay]. Auburn.

reverendgeneral likes this.
  12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He also was angry during coaching show that his guys forgot that when Auburn went empty it was a QB draw.

Loved hearing him talk watching the game film. It's not coach-speak. It's a legit coach talking about what he's seeing and diagnosing problems on the fly. He was especially ticked off with our OLine standing around and not finishing to the whistle.

MaconVol, hohenfelsvol and Memtownvol like this.
  13. CardinalVol

Yup, that made me happy. Cause lord knows I've yelled a few times about it.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The problem with Auburn's offense is that it's very predictable with motions/sets and field/boundaries. We got ourselves a film rat who can pick up on that noise.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nearly everything I yell about during a game, Pruitt mentions and he's visibly pissed about it too.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And I'm still at a loss as to why Auburn didn't run buck sweep more. Maybe they did and I just missed it, but man that used to be the bread and butter.

17. CardinalVol

I forgot who came off the edge and went with the QB on a long Stidham run, but I grumbled and said something to the effect of, got to take QB there and explained it to the wife. Then Pruitt called it out in the show and I felt even more proud of myself.

18. Tenacious D

The Heavy.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

Buck Sweep
    Buck Sweep
    Buck Counter Trap

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's also angry about how the secondary is tackling low and just diving at legs. Can't remember who it was but he said, "I'll have to remind X not to do that."