Auburn

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Warrior dropped an interception and Flowers had an interception wiped out by an offsides too.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Flowers doesn't probably get a sniff of that ball if we were not offsides, though. I doubt Fromm makes that throw any other time. But you are correct. We can force some turnovers, they just have to start actually bouncing our way.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fromm wasn't in the game, that was Fields

4. NorrisAlan

Huh. Now you are just trying to show me up. I don't appreciate that!

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm just saying

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Noon kicks have been Auburn’s kryptonite for years now... I think we can go in there and get a W if.... IF the O-line gets any push and IF Gitmo shows something we haven’t really seen yet this season and IF the defense plays like they did vs UGa...

A lot of IF’s I know, but the W is there for us. We just have to go get it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Auburn's secondary looked bad against lsu.

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Auburn's OL is significantly worse than UGAs.

We will be coming off a bye coming into a nooner, they will be coming off Miss State and Auburn is bad in nooners.

Auburn has a good D, particularly the front-7, but UGAs is better. Auburn's secondary is a glaring weakness.

Auburn looked good against Washington but uninspired and sloppy in a win against Arkansas, where they got 220 yards on the day, and Southern Miss where they also struggled at times.

It's winnable, I just haven't seen proof that the staff or the players they inherited are ready to win a big game... especially on the road.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt will attempt to win it by sheer force of will. He doesn't like Auburn or Malzahn.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn has an NFL caliber front 7. They aren't very good anywhere else. Stidham can make plays if he has a clean pocket, but Auburn's oline has been really bad.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have to start somewhere. There's time to get their heads on right.

12. NorrisAlan

He apparently knows the way to the heart of many a UT fan over the age of 40. Alas, he probably will not have that hatred for Bama, but beggars cannot be choosers.

justingroves likes this.
  13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If by will that includes the best offensive players being on the field more and getting the ball more than they have been, they will have a shot.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Only having 45 offensive snaps got it screwed up last Saturday

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That didn't help. The percentages need to be changed tho. Its not like fatigue was a fear.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

UGA was a weird game. Offense didn't get it's footing until the 3rd Quarter and the top of the 4th where in 3 drives were we ran 20 plays for 150 yards and 2 TDs. UGA in their first 3 drives ran 19 plays for 98 yards and 1 TD. This was after gaining 60 total yards over 5 drives (not counting the weak ass knee on the last drive).

The following drive by UGA was back-breaking. Offense didn't get the ball again until the 3:30 mark in the 4th where the ball was promptly fumbled. UGA quickly scored again (2 plays this time around instead of the first play from scrimmage) in a very Florida-esque fashion.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think it was Theo Jackson that had the pick that was called back.

Check that it was flowers. Went back and watched it. The 26 and 25 got me.

That was a huge play too. It probably doesnt happen if we dont jump offsides but if we stop them there we force a long field goal try.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Two weeks is a long time for y'all to convince me we have a shot only to be let down.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

AU has to help us some in order for us to win in my mind. Not far fetched though. If the defense keeps making strides we can force turnovers. We were there Saturday just couldnt get on the ball.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're a Tennessee fan

BigOrangeBeech likes this.