Auburn

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bye weeks just tear us apart

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Better how?

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

4. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Looks like this year will be the sequel.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Neal was the softest 225 rb in the history of football.

What he could have been compared to what he really was is a vast difference.

Chandler

The QBs - Worley wasn't very good. JG hasnt been very good either. 1 has multiple years of eligibility left the other is what he is.

justingroves likes this.
  6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Weekend at Bernie’s

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's faster, quicker, a better receiver and if he stays healthy, will have better stats.

Banks will be the best of the bunch if he can hold onto the ball.

Neal was a decent running back.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Agility? All it took was a Lance Stephenson blow to knock the kid over. Worst balance I’ve ever seen.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neal had no burst, it took him 12 yards to hit top speed

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A highlight video of Rajion Neal featured in the No Read Option offense. The internet truly has everything.

lylsmorr and justingroves like this.
  11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He had half your defense on the ground on one of those TD runs.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I just can't see that as a fair statement. In the video he shows plenty of it.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The perfect Neal run was the 4th down against UGA, fake the FB and flip to him. He's ran down despite having 80 yards of green open grass in front of him. He did get the first, though

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm not arguing that Neal is an all time great. I'm not arguing that Chandler isn't going to be better than him. I'm saying I've seen it from Neal. I haven't seen it from Chandler.

But as far as the Worley JG comparisons, if you look at freshman Worley and RS Freshman JG, they're incredibly similar. This is what JG is, IMO.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If Blanc is actually blocking that goes for a TD. He was only caught from behind because there was a UGA player in front.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Worley somehow turned into a decent QB against UGA. Did it twice, don't know why, but he did. Beyond that? He might've had a couple good throws here and there, but he was pretty bad overall. That 2014 UF game. . . I've been to several games where we've lost by 30, and that's the worst UT game I've ever been to.

We also have more than one WR with any talent this year, which helps. 2013 we had a lot of talent on the line and almost none in the skill positions. This year we have an awful line and quite a few playmakers.

justingroves likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neal was a decent SEC RB.

Chandler has speed that's not common. Banks will be one of the best around if he can hold on to the ball.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I agree, but that's more than I've seen from Guarantano.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I agree with all of these. My problem is I want to see it in a game against a team with a pulse.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Todd Grantham