Auburn

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2018.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We helped Florida and they capitalized on every mistake.

UGA helped us plenty, we just didn't capitalize on any of their mistakes. I'm not sure we could have beaten UGA as that 1st half was brutal on the defense and they were visibly gassed in the 4th and we were rotating our spurious depth.

Auburn won't just have to help us and be sloppy... we'll have to catch them in it and exploit it which we have yet to do this year.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

A lot of situational factors point our way in this one. I think we could see something a lot like the 2013 South Carolina game. Except in that game we had an NFL offensive line (an extremely poorly-coached one, but an NFL offensive line nonetheless). Then again, Guarantano and Chandler are better than Worley and Ray John

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yeah, I mean we'll actually have to come up with the turnovers in this game. And get points off of them.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It will help if they beat MSU. Keep that guard down.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Definitely. If Auburn beats MSU, we'll get an angry team. If they beat MSU, we can catch them looking ahead to A&M/Bama and overlooking us and Ole Miss.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

South Carolina went into that 2013 game, IIRC, off a 52-7 thrashing of Arkansas. Not sure whether to hope Auburn gets a big win (with the guard-letting but also possibly newfound confidence on offense) or whether to hope they grind out an ugly, physical battle. Leaning towards the latter.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Not seeing it

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think struggling again will set in some more doubt. I don't think a rout over State is good thing.

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Worley couldn't complete a 5 yard slant with any level of confidence while touting the same lack of mobility. JG at least doesn't have the former issue. It's not really even that difficult to differentiate.

10. BigOrangeBeech

Your eyes are not open

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Gonna be a loss fellows. I'm waiting on moon charts or signs of the zodiac to be brought out next in the rationale for a win. Why a loss? More talent and more used to winning at the barn. I could be wrong, and I would love to be. I'm still not buying the time of day, the barn's o line being that bad, and their secondary being bad enough to make up for a terrible mismatch between their d line and our o line equaling a win. Several turnovers will be need to be capitalized on. I want a win, bad, but I'm not going into that game thinking it will happen.

12. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Was it the 2008 matchup in which neither offense showed up?

justingroves likes this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We've not beat Auburn in almost 20 years. [uck fay] my life.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The O line is that bad at the moment. Not to say that they won’t hit a shot or two but the secondary’s weakness is only something you can take advantage of if you can protect and Tennessee won’t be able to.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes it was awful

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Really? Because he had a few good mid range throws in 2013-2014, more than I've seen from Guarantano. There's the TD pass against UGA in 2013, the two passes to North in the USC game of the same year, the TD to Pig against UF of the same year, the TD to Pig against UGA in 2014. I've only ever seen two throws that match from Guarantano, the throws to Johnson against USC and Vandy last year. Go look at his 1st TD against GA last week. That was a noodle arm throw if I've ever seen one. No idea what the safety was doing on that play. A lot of his deep throws are like that, too. Honestly, JG reminds me a lot of Matt Simms with a quicker release.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Go back and look at the tape and tell me that either of the current pair are clearly better right now. Neal might not have had the top end of Chandler, but he had more agility and burst, better leg drive, and was 20 lbs heavier.

18. BigOrangeBeech

Just stop

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chandler is better. Banks is better. Neal is better than Jordan

Beechervol likes this.