Avengers: Infinity War (with spoilers - you've been warned)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Apr 28, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I thought they would be two of the casualties of this movie

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Maybe they help undo the damage but die as a result?

At least one or two of the original four have to die to justify bringing everyone else back, IMO.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Infinity War is in the discussion for best superhero movie not directed by Christopher Nolan.

justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I said it was the best movie since Dark Knight. I think it’s better

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I just wanted to chime in and thanks everyone for their continued support of superhero movies.

I really think it's awesome that there is literally always ALWAYS a focking superhero playing within a 15 mile radius of anywhere I might find myself at any given time.

No, really, these moves are so awesome. And Hollywood's seeming tacit acknowledgement that "fock it, we can't come up with any original shit that's this much of a cash cow....so what superhero ideas do we have in the queue?

Focking
    Batman,
    Superman
    Justice League
    Th Ant one
    the ones that avenge stuff
    that guy has a shield and loves america
    that terrible movie with the harley quinn chick i wanted to bang and the witch I wanted to bang even more
    More Batman
    Even more batman
    [uck fay] it, more of that patriotic guy with the shild
    hey, have you done any xmen shit lately?
    Coo, more of that guy hugh jackman plays
    And let's give him a daughter now
    And roles for Chris Pratt? Sweet, Sweet, and toss in a ute badger looking thing
    Iron man? yeah, let's do like three of those
    Hey we need something for the hardcore feminists and lesbos? Doesn't wonder woman love muching on carpet? Boom -- give her a movie.
    And black lives matter may protest unless we name a superhero after a radical black separatis group. You know like hte 60s version of bLM if BLM were less whiney and douchey. Boom Black Panther. Best move every.
    We forgot Spider Man. Awesome, let's do five or six of those.
    I've go an idea, how about super small hero. doen. Mosquito man? Nah, ant man. Boom!
    Three more xmen moves
    Two more batman moves.

"Okay that should cover us a for a year," said some exec, as his company printed money on htis silliness.

And yall support it all. for shame.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Apparently she’s the most powerful character in the MCU? It’s kind of late to bring her in, so they’ll have to justify her not being around for so long.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TL DR

JayVols likes this.
  8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I will have to disagree strongly here. I think the entire trilogy is the height of the genre, but TDK is one of my favorite movies overall.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, Thor was ok.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm betting they do and it will play on the soul stone. Captain Marvel is a half human half Kree character and Adam from the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 post credit scenes should play a role in the next Avengers film

IP likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thanks for supporting tennis.

NashVol11, ptclaus98 and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. kidbourbon

My pleasure.

Please let me know when the superhero tennis movie comes out. I'll be super torn on whether to support it. It will have to e a gametime decision, I guess.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll take any Marvel super hero movie over any tennis movie.

JayVols likes this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Also, it’s your own fault if you watch the new DC movies

JayVols likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

17. kidbourbon

Tennis isn't the greatest sport for movies. I'll acknowledge this. The Borg v Mcenroe movie that's out now is good but not great. Boxing and tennis share a lot similarities, but yet boxing is perfect for movies and tennis just doesn't work.

And my initial post in here ws obviosly tongue in cheek at a certain level. Many of those moves are excellent, but they've just gone way way too far with it. And I don't get why the market isn't past saturation.

II'm asking the same questions as Kyle each time I see a new superhero movie playing at the theater.

18. kidbourbon

Nice fine.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Unreal. Just fantastic.

So, when this mess is cleaned up can we get a Nova movie too? Maybe just straight up Annihilation?

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What makes you say that?