Bad Ideas If You Win the Lottery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

gotta get that initial capital outlay from somewhere

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That guy is a winner

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Reminds me of a quote I recently saw (JG?):

"While I may not immediately tell my family and friends if I hit the lotto, my enemies will know immediately."

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Which reminds me of the first large lottery winner from Tennessee, 20+ million in 1990 something, lived in Kingsport. It was several months before the winner stepped forward. I happened to meet the wife at one of the finance companies I sold paper to where she was paying off her loans. I asked her was it getting all the legal things worked out that caused them to wait to claim their winnings, and she said no. "My bastard of a husband tried to hide it from me until he could divorce me. Well he did end up with the divorce, but on my terms." I offered to be her gigolo, but she just laughed and said get in line honey.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, what number are you now in that line? And what's been her burn rate through the cash?

Also, do you have her physical address, by chance? If so, PM me, don't post it here.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Devil's advocate: There's a reason the husband was trying to get rid of her before that ticket was claimed, and it is because she would blow right through it. She's probably just another smoky wilted flower in a bar now

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Feminism shudders.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

As well it should. He was a jerk of the highest order, and he was so sure he could pull it off he started bragging about it with a few family members he thought were on his side. That's how she got wind of it. She struck me as a very level headed person as exhibited by her paying off high interest consumer loans. If she was just interested in how fast she could spend it, she would be buying more stuff, not paying off what she already had.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dude was dumb as hell, anyway. Even if he got a divorce before cashing in, I am fairly confident she could sue and would still get half of it.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I think you are most likely correct, but he had this brilliant idea he would get her to agree to accept a one time payment for settlement and not be able to claim anything else in the future. She said that's when she was sure he had hit the lottery.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe she was unfaithful or abusive. She did say "get in line." Devil's advocate.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I did not interpret it that way. I think they were in an unhappy marriage, mainly by his attitude, and she was ready to try to salvage something of her life. Sometimes Karma gets it right.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I need a follow up on both before I can figure out an American karma aspect to it. What if the guy is doing even better?

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

In the immortal words of Tenny D, "piss off hippy".

Devil's advocate.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think I've told you guys before, if I win the lottery, I'm cutting a check for half to my wife. Our lifestyles are not going to be compatible anymore. I'm sure I'll see her around every once and a while, but her and I will have different ideas about what is fun.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

IP advocates for Satan. That's even worse than Trump advocating treason.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not advocating for Satan. It was just a smart ass remark. Obviously the Devil already has that angle or he doesn't. I'm not advocating anything.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Waterboys mama.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Exactly what a servant of the devil would say.