Barnes

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't have much respect for anyone who labels themselves a foodie. Unless volfanjo does. About 75 percent of his posts are about food and I like that guy.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What's worse, a foodie or a hipster?

3. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Hipster. Foodies enjoy trying new cuisine. Hipsters enjoy trying new clothes, caramel lattes and crappy music.

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Come out of the closet, foodie

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Being a foodie is cool as long as it isn't self proclaimed. Hipsters are dumb.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Metrosexual

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm a consumer of fine cuisines, how's that

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Speaking of which, had lunch at Chandler's today

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like all 3 of these things would have a lot of overlap in a venn diagram.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, and people that use Venn diagrams.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Foodies are annoying because I'm not sure they actually like food. They like the status that comes with talking about food, taking pictures of it, and being generally annoying about the "best pho they've ever had".

That said, I basically plan every trip and orient my entire day around food, so I don't have much room to talk.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Also as someone who does enjoy food I am greatly anticipating the slow death of the organic, free range, farm to table movement. It isn't that I'm against the notion, I just hate people (foodies!) breathlessly talking about it so much.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

quinoa flavored kale is the next craze. can't wait

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What gets me is that if they really believed in it, they'd have a garden.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Quinoa has some practical uses in cooking. Kale is ****ing gross

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Preach.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It's great for you, but so is swiss chard, and swiss chard doesn't taste and smell like literal shit

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Kale and Brussel sprouts are the two veggies I cannot make myself like. I've taught myself broccoli with feta cheese isn't half bad.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You should try selling to some of those people. I do agree with the principles of eating local and getting away from centralized monoculture ag, however there is an elitist element and over the top environmentalism element mixed in.