Big Orange Soaked Hype Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Aug 21, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I have no idea how you reach that conclusion. As for what Dobbs could do under Malzahn, that's a different conversation IMO.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Move Cortez McDowell to inside linebacker. I don't care if he's better suited to the outside. Anything to keep Jumper off the field.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Amputate the arm from whatever shoulder is bothering Dillon Bates and put him out there as second team MLB.

4. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

That Kentucky WR/QB that beat Dooley was a more accurate passer than Marshall.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Being an AD at UTC you pretty much necessarily have to find a diamond in the rough guy to get a good coach. That's impressive, but not so much an important skill st UT. Dave Hart seemed to revel in finding these (supposedly) hidden gems here. Blackburn wouldn't be the guy to pass on a proven product so he could wow everybody with the unknown that turns into a star, would he?

6. RockyHill

Blackburn would hire the best man for the job, give him the resources necessary to succeed and then get out of the way.

7. RockyHill

Are you talking about the Nick Marshall that completed 63% of his passes for 455 yards against Alabama or a different Nick Marshall?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Same guy

9. RockyHill

Cool

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I like how there's a 'Where Are the Coaches' section that completely omits Lyle. Even UT is like, we don't know WTF he's doing or where he is.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Glad to see Richmond and Kendrick at tackle. None of this shifting Thomas nonsense. Hope to see Gaulden (nickel), Kahlil (DT), and Jones (RG) win their respective starting jobs soon. Hope Abernathy is solid at safety, word out of camp was good though, right?

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

They don't move Gaulden unless Abernathy and Warrior are looking really good.

Thomas to tackle is just a possible emergency move. Hall will be back by Florida giving us three solid options there.

Weisman won't lose his spot IMO.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  13. Tar Volon

Yeah, I know Weisman is solid, but I really, really liked what I saw of Jones in limited time last year. Would love to see more.

And Thomas to tackle is a frightening emergency move. Very glad to see Richmond make it unnecessary

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like Jack Jones a lot too, but I think Weisman is better.

Thomas to tackle ever in any situation is really stupid

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Even Doug Mathews is saying that Bates is just having a hard time playing at this level. No apparent injuries are holding him back he's just a bust so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Impossible to comprehend given Jumper's minutes.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Actually Jumpers minutes make Bates' issues easier to believe. If Bates was anywhere close to what he was expected to be (5 Star Recruit) then he'd at least be getting a chance. He must be an absolute bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But he played some as a true freshman and seemed fine. Nothing outstanding, but he wasn't anything close to Jumper level bad.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Butcher moved to DT.

20. Tar Volon

Didn't even notice Justin Martin's absence from the starting 22. I thought he had secured that CB2 spot