Biggest Phony In UT History.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NashVol11, Feb 28, 2013.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Anyone trying to conceal their inner-hillbillyness can't do it when saying the word the "phony." Wife is making fun of me.

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Man - this one is really hard. There have been quite a few the come to mind and have been mentioned already. A number of them are associated with Mike Hamilton - which probably made him the biggest phony. As far as masquerading as a coach goes I vote for Raleigh at #1 with Dools a close #2. But along with them I could easily add Delmonico as Hat suggests and offend somebody I am sure with my personal preference of Doug Dickey being as phony as a $3 bill. Pearl was a phony. He was really good at reading people to see if they knew he was playing them or not. If they weren't an easy mark he would move on. Some of those phonies could coach a little, some had no clue.

3. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Is the PearDoo Cup a possibility? Could Fulmer take the first title as Czar of ETSU Football, please?

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Take it you're not a fan of his antics and potty mouth? Knight's his role model.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

In the context of this thread he's as a viable a phony as many of the mentioned.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Not offended, but care to elaborate?

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

THAT got deleted? Seriously, what the **** is going on over there? That place is officially the anus of the Internet.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think he was a jerk . I think that's ok if you win a lot. If not, you need the people to like you.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Oh, no question he definitely wears his emotions on his sleeve, more so then than now, it appears that he's mellowing a bit w/ age --- kinda like a good bourbon. :p

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm going to go ahead and add Freak to this list.

11. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Torn between Dooley pretending to be a coach for three years or banging a kid's guidance counselor so she'll change a kid's grades so he can get into school

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wait, what?

13. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Just spit beer out my nose....lol

14. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Our last two A.D.'s

15. volfanhill

volfanhill Member

the answer is Mike Hamilton..responsible for the majority of people previously mentioned

16. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

you can't just drop this bomb and not tell us the rest.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm gonna guess a relatively recent baseball coach.

Totally uninformed guess by the way.

18. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Throwing this out there to see if it sticks, or is there something to it?

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's true.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Details people..........