Bigwig Meeting Has Been Called

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I'll be glad when the hammer drops so I can quit thinking about it... Of course, then all I'll be able to think about is who will get the job and then if it isn't somebody we're pretty much all behind.... Wash, rinse, repeat...

2. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

I believe Rovell's number has to be his buyout + what we would owe him for the remaining 7 games on the schedule if he is fired this week. Which we have to pay him that regardless so it is a wash and shouldn't be included.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You mean Currie?

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Manning

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I could see it being a good thing, but again, I'm not as high on McDaniels as some.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Manning is the guy that if Chip Kelly (as a random example) is ready to go and one booster is being a jerk about it, he'll get it figured out.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If he isn't fired by Monday at 5 pm, he is given ample opportunity to go 8-4 and rebuild his personal fan base

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Troy beat LSU yesterday by 3 points.

Troy would beat us by three touchdowns.

It's not happening.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UT is the prime example of Murphy's law

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I get the concern, but this guy's not winning 8 games this year. Josh Dobbs isnt walking through that door.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm with you on the McDaniels angle.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guarantano - 5* dual threat quarterback

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's also probably about to let Guarantano get himself killed going 2-20 and then have stick an even more pissed off Dormady back in the game.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

SC, LSU, Kentucky, and Vandy are all capable of beating us, but they suck. I figure SoMiss and Missouri are sure wins, Bama a sure loss.

A shitty 8-4 where the best team we've beaten is GaTech is still on the table.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Southern Miss and Missouri are not sure wins. No way in hell this team goes 8-4

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It would be a total Tennessee move to get our hopes up then announce tomorrow that Butch has their full support.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Right now, we're legitimately in danger of a losing season if Botch stays on. I don't think he does very much longer, but with an early recruiting period now, you go on and make this official, get the search going, get a guy nailed down and give him ample time to keep this class together and go out and reel in a few big fish as well.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I see your point, and think it isn't.

19. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Do people ever name interim coaches - then hire the full-time guy mid season while the interim is still coach and have the new guy go out and recruit? I can't remember that happening but seems like the only way to salvage things with the early period. But very unlikely we named someone until after the final regular season game.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Manning will not endorse one candidate.