Bruce Pearl Hired as Head Coach at Auburn

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Vol by Birth

Vol by Birth Member

The sad part is I have come to expect these reactions from the fan base. The best thing to do is sit back, relax, and laugh at all of the idiots.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Auburn now has a better coach than we do and will have a better program in a couple of years if we stick to the status quo.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yeah. Clears the table so we can go after Jeff Neubauer or Steve Prohm without interference.

5. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Like Forrest would say...go together like peas and carrots.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Lol. It does remove an obstacle for the coaching search, but I agree and have previously said that I don't expect much from a coaching search.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe I'm being willfully ignorant, but I think we'll make an attempt to hire a good coach.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

aiming awfully high for a DiPietro / Cheek / Hart led boondoggle.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

make up your mind. PosiVol or NegaVol? You can't be both. You'll annihilate.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

anti-matter stance.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Could Larry Brown coach in college? I know he has been fired from his last few gigs, but could he be a potential choice? Serious question

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, if you like the NIT.

OHHHH SMU SLAM

13. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Stick to the Gene Keady tree imo. Austin Parkinson just led IUPUI to back-to-back WNIT bids.

Rough year for the Keady tree. Weber's KSU team was ok. We were ok. Stallings, Painter sucked. Lavin, Alan Major were mediocre.

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

My initial thoughts are after Auburn hiring Pearl,this will put much needed pressure on these SEC AD's hiring competent basketball coaches. I think the pressure
    on Hart of hiring a competent coach just increased dramatically. Just my thoughts. Level of confidence in this administration has not changed.
    Hat probably could give us some insight on the effect this hire will have regarding the SEC's current shit pool of coaches.

15. CardinalVol

Why in the hell do you know this?

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

SMU

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Did he coach there before?

18. CardinalVol

[​IMG]

19. JohnnyQuickkick

you didn't notice him sitting on your couch watching the WNIT with you? And you invited him over. What a jerk.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

this is what I unsuccessfully tried to say earlier