Brussels terror attack

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

2. Tenacious D

Why wouldn't he be serious?

Absent the allowance of prayer in school - separation of church and state, and whatnot - how is that any different a standard by which any American is measured?

3. Tenacious D

You should have replied that George Washington told you that the place was filled with pu*sies, and you came to see for yourself.

4. Tenacious D

Those "nations within nations" will swallow the host nations within several generations, absent a process of deportation.

They need a Trump.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want to expound on what I said:

I am mostly talking about accommodating students that wish to partake in their prayers that are required by their faith. There would be no prayer call, no requirements, nothing. If the students need a place during a break in classes to pray, fine, find them a room. Help them out. No different than if a kid needed to take insulin twice a day at school.

BUT, it would never be brought up to the kids. They would have to request it, no different than anything else.

And I am dead serious about what I wrote. If I immigrated to France, I would never dream of demanding them to change their society for me. Same if I moved to Saudi Arabia. I am moving there for a reason. If you want to immigrated to the USA, then you learn English (I don't care how badly you speak it, try), you learn our Rule of Law, you do not demand changes in the law to fit your religion, etc. You become an American. Otherwise, why move here?

I am not a tinfoil hat guy, but if I didn't know better, I would say all of the immigration over the last has been a clandestine soft invasion, a "can't weed them out we will breed them out" sort of thing.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Prayer isn't forbidden in school. That's a political talking point.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Participative prayer or prayer aloud is forbidden.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That depends how you are defining participative or aloud.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Kid for Christ before school every Friday at Norris Elementary doesn't seem to follow this rule. Nor do any of the 100s of after game prayers at football games.

But that is not the real point. People immigrating to the west need to adopt our ideals or why bother moving here?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I knew a girl in school that allowed a Muslim girl to lease part of her house. Essentially she got a bedroom and a bathroom and then they shared the TV room and kitchen. Everything already furnished for her. Fast forward a couple of months. The chick's mom is living there, unemployed, so basically lounging around all day. Like lying across the couch to take up the whole thing. Months behind on rent. Constantly trash America and how shitty everyone living is right in front of the person that hasn't thrown them on the street for being bums. And these are people that came from a country where they were forcibly circumcised. There are people coming to exploit and the idea of integrating into our society is repugnant to them.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sounds like your friends needed to pick up a second job to support these fine folks.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like she's a microagressive [itch bay] full of privilege.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cut them some slack, they don't have a clitoris.

14. Tenacious D

Did its removal make her a second and larger asshole?

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It's pretty obvious you wouldn't be this adamant about Reagan not deserving credit if he didn't have an R next to his name.

He didn't win the Cold War by himself, but he certainly contributed more than his predecessors. I think the people of Eastern Europe would agree.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  16. Unimane

Not true. Reagan has always been a fraud, to me, and with justified reason. However, I actually liked his successor, Bush the Daddy, more than one might realize and consider him underrated. Regardless, the point about Reagan and his role in the Cold War stands. The people of Eastern Europe would argue that they were the ones that had far more contributions than anything Reagan did and they would be right. They would be right, also, if they said that the attraction of the American/Western lifestyle and economic system, in general, were much more effective than the effects of military spending in the Soviet Union towards freedom and the fall of the Iron Curtain in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, etc.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What did the Eastern Europeans do? Surrender.

You're a joke on the topic.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If Reagan is a fraud, so is Bill Clinton. Bill was handed far more favorable circumstances than Reagan. Even if we are to beleive your take, he must get credit for not ****ing it up. Just like bill

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That doesn't jive with history. That's just bluster.

20. Unimane

Yea, Solidarity clearly threw up the white flag. You want it to be the military spending and Reagan, but it, factually, resides more in the people involved within those systems that had a far, far greater impact. Hell, I'm taking a more conservative bent on the reasons for the ending of the Cold War in that the capitalist system was the main factor in its end, including American consumerism. It just really wasn't the military. That just jibes with the desired account as that was what we kept building at an insanely high level for decades and caters to the image desired for Reagan through his actions and rhetoric.