Brussels terror attack

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Unfortunately, many of those uberpacifists occupy positions of power in this country.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But most of these guys are suicide mission types anyway.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hope you are not implying our C-in-C, as he has done more airstrikes with drones in his tenure than Bush ever thought of doing.

4. Savage Orange

I don't know that there will ever be a way (short of somebody cheesing them out beforehand) to stop those people with our current technology, not that I'm an expert on that anyway.

5. Savage Orange

Obama (as well as Bush, Clinton and Bush before him, to be fair...) has steadfastly declined to bring even half the full weight of our capabilities to bear. If any of the aforementioned would have really dropped the gloves, we could have started to get a handle on this years ago. As it now stands, it may be too late.

6. Savage Orange

If either of the Bushes (especially 41) had stayed on the gas in the 90's, a lot of the bullshit that's going on now would not exist. The pinprick attacks would certainly be happening but the major offensives? No.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'd suggest addressing the problem at its roots. If the Quaran is the source of these ideals then perhaps the Imam's and other Islamic religious leaders need to consider removing the chapters/verses that condone violence. Take away what terrorists are using as justification to carry out their deeds. The majority of Muslims don't condone or agree with those surah's anyway right?

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

While there needs to be a reformation in Islam, it is much harder than in Christianity or Judaism. There is no central church.

And to simply say "remove this and that" is easier said than done. Imagine me saying "remove the first five books of the Bible".

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I understand as well as have no faith it would ever happen regardless. It would be easier for me to imagine that scenario if regular acts of violence were being carried by people pointing to those books.

10. Savage Orange

Removing protected religious status from mosques whose Imams preach violence would be a start. That's an idea that would apply to ANY church, regardless of denomination, btw... Anybody in a clerical/pastoral/rabbinical etc position advocating violence sort of forfeits their "freedom of religion" card, imo.....I'm a Southern Baptist by tradition and against abortion but the very second my pastor advocates blowing up a Planned Parenthood building is the second I'm calling the cops.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Now we have you advocating throwing away the First Amendment along with being a proponent of mass genocide. I particularly like the take on justifying the morality of it by throwing away your own morals.

12. Savage Orange

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  13. Savage Orange

Done [itch bay]ing with all y'all. I'm gonna find a hot chick and buy a sailboat.

14. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Like libertarianism, it's a theory that only works on paper.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, now we're getting somewhere. I think this should be my plan too.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm going to suicide bomb ya'll's boats.

17. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Leviticus alone would be sufficient

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gonna be hard to swim up to my boat with all the waves me and the hot girl will be generating. 2:15 at Ogle's wave pool, 24/7.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you're trying to bait me, it's working. And then Oldvol will come in throwing lightning and crapping thunder on me. And that's no good for anyone.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Definitely the book I would be least sad to see go.