Butch Jones Raise + Extension

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 1, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sad that it has come to this. I have watched many games in Neyland, and I have zero desire to even go anymore. I don't even get as angry as I used to at the losses, and the wins are almost bittersweet. And that is ****ing sad.

I watch other games, and might make an effort to watch a particular school, but I will never buy Sparty Gear or an FSU Hat or go to some other teams game. And I would never be able to celebrate a championship by those teams. My one true love will always be UT, but **** if I am going to let them beat me and tell me I better love them.

**** the AD, **** Dave Hart, **** Jimmy Cheek and **** Lyle Jones.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate every other football team. I'm not changing teams. I'm just getting twisted. My fandom is a sports version of self-flagellation (easy NYY, it doesn't mean what you're hoping).

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Solid post, rb. The love is always going to be there. And I'm not even sure I'm going to necessarily pull for a particular team. I am, though, going to watch a team or set of teams that are well coached and do actually make an effort to be successful. The moment this shit storm of a coach and organizational group of malcontents are gone, I'll give the next coach the same respect I gave Butch when he was hired. Even if it's not my choice. Just like this crew cut wearing toolbag.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I meant LSU. I still despise Auburn.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd be dead in 5 years from the food, but yeah, it's a fun place to go.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Honestly, I don't think I could ever really muster interest in another team. I married into GT so there is a passing interest there, but the real effect of UT's struggles has been a growing disinterest in college football on the whole. I've watched progressively less over the last few years and have found other ways to utilize the time.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I married into a Ol Miss bunch. Thankfully, my wife has very little affinity for them, and I generally know more about what's going on with their football program than any of my wife's immediate family. The year before we got married or thereabout, I did catch a bit of flack when I was pulling for MSU in the egg bowl because a kid from my high school was in the game.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I like GT to some extent. They are fairly close by, run the triple option, and there are some historical ties between GT and Tennessee.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Like their stadium being named for a UT quarterback? All my Techie friends HATE for me to point that out...over and over and.....

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Biggest and most substantial without a doubt, and that is fun to do.

12. Savage Orange

I never have understood the Auburn hate... Every time I've ever been to a game there (and I have been to many...) I have always, unfailingly been treated well. Not so in Athens (especially Athens!), Columbia or anywhere else save Baton Rouge and that's only pre game. If LSU loses.... Well, you better ditch your clothes and get outta there pronto. Everyone here has either heard or experienced the horrors of Gainesville...

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Georgia's been the worst of the places I've been.

I was there for the 4-4-6 defense debacle in Baton Rouge. Everybody on both sides just wanted to get the hell out of there

14. Savage Orange

The thing about Athens is if your team wins, they wanna fight.... If THEIR team wins... They wanna fight. I gues if I were trapped in that shithole of a town I'd wanna fight everybody too. The only good thing that ever happened for me in Athens in recent memory was getting to see Tedeschi Trucks Band. The Classic Center is a great place to catch a show. Other than that, Athens blows. I've spent a lot of time in Athens back in the late 70's/early 80's and it was really tolerable then but for the past 20 years or so I avoid it if at all possible..

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I know I made a comment about following another team, but it was made mainly in jest. I am a proud alumnus of Tennessee and like you said, you don't just walk away because we have a buffoon at the helm. My enthusiasm for the football team has waned quite a bit, but my love for the school remains as strong as the first day I set foot on its campus. I am a Vol For Life. (Yeah I said it!)

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Great post, RB. I know my dual fanhood borders on treasonous. Auburn wil always be my school, but I'll never quit loving Tennessee. I've tried and can't do it. I spent my fall Saturday's growing up in Neyland and I'll never be able to let it go. I've seen a lot of games in a lot of different stadiums, and a raucous game in Neyland is just special.

The fact that Butch and the rest of the idiots running the program have brought us to this point is really sad.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Clay Travis wrote a really good article about how Saban is getting all these coaches fired because they can't beat him.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Oxymoron!

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

LOL, I realize his popularity here is not as big as on Twitter.

20. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

Best thread eva!

I couldn't stick around to read the whole thing, but the first few pages were absolute gold!

Classic!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015