Butch Jones Staffing and Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Dec 7, 2012.

1. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

nice.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yay four-star! From Florida. . . with no offers from UF, FSU or Miami. . . or anyone else good. When your best offer is Ole Miss, I'm assuming the fourth star is BS

3. Orangegrass

Orangegrass Member

Thanks for posting. I saw that too. Just wondering if there is any way to cofirm. I wonder if he will announce who stays and who goes this weekend. Also, thanks for sticking with the thread. It has quickly degenerated into mindless babble. It would be nice to have a thread where people were discussing the issues and not cursing at each other over trivial matters.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Not only is Gruden Gruden...but he had a staff arranged. Butch is having to spend valuable recruiting time trying to beg guys to come fill his assistant positions before finally settling on just overpaying someone.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's the word on the street.

govols74n likes this.
  6. Alcovolic

Alcovolic New Member

Does BJ keep Jancek as DC is my biggest concern? He seems smart enough to know that we need a proven DC in this league next year, look at our schedule. If Jancek tried and failed at Georgia, it seems we will need a defensive guru to come in. No matter the cost.

BJ's O-Line Coach has followed him everywhere, but he has to realize what Pittman has done here in only a year. It was smart to retain Graham, now I vote he keeps Pittman.

7. madkels

madkels New Member

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He didn't attend. I bet he'll be there next Saturday though.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Make it stop!

10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

None of this is funny but this made me laugh out loud.

govols74n likes this.
  11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I read something today that said the kid really did well at the Elite 11 despite getting hurt early in the week. Supposedly is a really good athlete and has only been playing QB for about a year. Article said there was a lot of upside there. (May have been on ESPN that I read that). Appears to have pretty decent size.

I saw on VQ that his dad has been posting on some board that the kid really likes UT and would likely commit if offered.

govols74n likes this.
  12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

With USF hiring Taggart I would think there's a good chance he ends up back there; they made a damn good hire.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Jones has put in a lot of ground work the last 2 years or so in Memphis....

I would not be surprised if they make a run at Christian Morris - 4* OL - East HS. He had a TN offer, but TN backed off and he committed to UCLA over Nebraska. Listed as a soft verbal.

Graham being retained makes me think they will continue to go after Jordan Wilkins in Memphis. Currently and Auburn commit. Might fit well in Jones scheme, but I just get the feeling that he is not an SEC back. He also had Cincy offer.

TN was in pretty good with Donald Gray Jr from White Station. Teammate of current commit Jason Carr, who has told folks locally he wants to stay with TN. Gray, IMO, has the speed that TN has lacked on D.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Thanks for the info GV2003.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Woulard has only played QB for a year and change. He committed to USF so early and people backed off. He's gotten interest from TCU, Arkansas and Wisconsin since he decommitted.

I think Woulard is a future star.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

His dad is Seldom seen on TOOS.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It appears only Jay Graham will be retained at this moment. Outside shot of Pittman, no word on Hinshaw. TIFWIW.

govols74n likes this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

He has already done good by keeping Jay in my book, bring on Tee please.

govols74n likes this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agreed. Although I don't know how Taggart feels about dual-threat vs pro-style

That explains a lot. Thanks!