Butch Ranked #1 Coach on Hot Seat for 2017

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can't wait to see how that debacle turns out. Remember when we used to think it couldn't get worse than Dooley?

2. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Im still pretty sure it can't

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had more interest under Dooley. Not exaggerating.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I did too. I hate Butch far more than I ever hated Dooley and it's totally ruined the whole thing for me.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

7. JayVols

We FINALLY agree on something.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

HEY! This was on the field, pal.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't see anything wrong with UT getting some free publicity on the today show, maybe it's just me

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When you parade your leading idiot out there, the guy who has been the punchline of jokes for two years around the football world, it is bad. It just makes you look bad, imho.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

meh. i don't imagine most people watching the today show are listening to butch jones press conferences. we don't have to hate everything

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just think it's stupid.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

it is kind of stupid, it's also a chance to be in the national eye and it not be about Title IX lawsuits. also it's the today show and al roker, of course it's stupid

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

LOL who would ever want to come and coach at UT when fans cant even enjoy something positive being done at the university?

I am not satisfied with Jones but he is far better than a merc like Kiffin or a tool like Dooley. He has hired Shoop who had a stellar rep, more high powered recruiters and Hoke who was a good co-ordinator. Failed HCs do concern me but I will give Hoke a chance before I bad mouth him. He actually has a dedicated QB coach now. If Butch assembles a winning staff I could care less if he plays "Weekend at Bernies" on the way. Well as long as he doesnt show up in a wheelchair LOL.

I am more distressed with the Davenport and Currie hires than Butch winning 3 bowl games and getting 9 wins.
    If Butch falls flat these two will be hiring the replacement. Will it be Kiffin 2.0 with sanctions or Dooley 1.0000000000000009a with abysmal results? I was all for Fulmer being replaced but after a decade+ in the wilderness I dont know!

"There is the Legions of the Miserable sometimes that are always going to be miserable." - Johnny Majors

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hoke was a shitty coordinator, but a good DL coach.

Kiffin, for all the talk of sanctions, is still coaching in the NCAA and has been since 2009. You would think someone that bad would have been hit by a show cause. He hasn't because the talk of his rule breaking is greatly exaggerated to comfort those wearing orange goggles.

I think the Davenport is a self absorbed dumbass and Currie is a dipshit that no one outside of Haslam has ever liked.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, they were watching Tennessee lose a 17 point lead in prime time to Oklahoma or said surprisingly "Tennessee lost to Vanderbilt?" last year.

Dumb shit like this shows everything that is wrong at Tennessee. You've hired an idiot for a head coach, a stupid ass for a Chancellor and a nearly universally despised AD. You then parade the idiot on national television while your stupid ass tweets about "another championship".

The people in charge are tone deaf.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Playing in the SEC title game or the Cotton Bowl or in the playoffs is much better publicity

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Kiffin, Dooley, or Jones; which Coach(s) coached their players up?

answer: Kiffin.

Which showed at every turn their Coaching ineptitude?

answer: Dooley, Jones

20. JayVols

It is.