Butch Ranked #1 Coach on Hot Seat for 2017

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Mar 29, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This is a good way of putting it.

I am a grumpy old man that sees little use in such stuff, but Butch is what makes it awful.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The chancellor claiming it as an opportunity for "another championship" is what got me.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Again, it's just one of those things that if we had a fine-tuned university right now I'd look at, shake my head, say stupid but get a laugh about it.

Since it's a massive cluster****, I look at it and find it stupid and annoying.

4. JayVols

This too.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think the 8-4 football coach would be the face of many other universities.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This too. You have to be really stupid to say something like this when the sport you're known for hasn't won shit since 2007.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

An 11-2 Oklahoma didn't even mention Stoops.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

WRONG

[​IMG]

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fixed.

We didn't win shit in '07.

11. JayVols

I was in Tempe in '98. Damn, I miss that feeling. Good times.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe you can just screw with the settings on you TV until crimson appears orange.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fair, but 2004's east title was an actual accomplishment. 3 different starting qbs and wins against UF, UGA and Alabama

14. JayVols

Dang, man. We always had football as a common cause....

15. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Exactly. Butch Jones's pride via stupid clichés is an even better example of why you should pick your battles wisely.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Welcome to Tennessee

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not battling anything, personally. Just shooting the shit around the virtual water cooler with my friends.

18. JayVols

Judgementvol:

That's a great point. After a day or so of letting this soak, I can understand how some would disagree with my reaction to the world record letter stuff...if you looked at that as a reaction to a singular event. Given the time since my posts yesterday, I've become even more aware that it's the totality of useless crap, not that singular event, that has fostered my feelings on the matter. It's been a constant stream of nothingness that's been attempted to be blown into items of substance by Butch since the first day he's arrived. I mean, we can "eat" all the air we want, but it's neither satisfying nor filling.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Seriously?link?

20. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

I thought that was you.