Butch spending his time charting things said in the media

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by droski, Sep 19, 2016.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Stop them. That usually works. Then score. That works too. Crowds tend to enjoy those things. We aren't really doing either of those things well.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But that would mean it is the teams fault, ergo, the coach's fault. Cannot have that.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, I wouldn't make much of it. A trumpet player is going to blow.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

5. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I kind of wish he was joking. He would be a lot easier to take if he seemed to have a sense of humor/prespective. Instead he acts like he is a cancer researcher but keeps asking you what a petri dish is.

6. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

The back pocket list comment blew me away. Of course the coaches should know more about football than the media/fans. However, it is entertainment and he is a paid entertainer. Dood acts like he is splitting atoms.

7. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

These are plays that work well against inferior competition. Bama has better DBs on the bench than we have seen yet this year. DL with the Pick6 against University of Mississippi might be better than some of the DBs we have seen. People who ask for Dobbs to be "cut loose" ignore that Dobbs looks great against inferior competition; defenses that contain the edge/force the pass make him look pretty pedestrian.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Not true. [itch bay] told us last year that he coached well enough to win the OU and Florida games. Threw his players straight under the bus.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Those that show up to watch the game will do their thing. There's no need for him to be involved with any of that, and it should be the last thing he's worried about preparing for games every week not to mention one of the biggest and most important games on the schedule.

He's paid to win football games and that's it, period.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Florida's "safeties...they're are safety activated."* Too smart for me.

*taken from his press conference 16:34 mark

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  11. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

safety^2

That is safe.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

These dudes are all like that. Fulmer would play that card too. Honestly it doesn't bother me that much. I just think about how irritated I get when I watch a game with anybody other than a couple of friends. Most people have no real idea what's going on.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Dobbs, Hurd and Kamara to run a combined 55 times a game. That's what I would consider cutting Dobbs loose. Guys lose contain and DBs get lazy when you've consistently run at them, again and again and again. The talent is there in the backfield to rush for 250 yards even with this bad of an oline.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I remember one terrible Matt Simms interception against Florida where all UF did was one a base cover 2. I said it was a horrible read by Simms, one guy's wife said "I'm sure you could do better". I took the remote, backed it up and showed her exactly what he should have done and exactly what the defense did. I also told her it was a basic high school defense that any collegiate QB should know how to read.

I've never been invited back over there to watch a game.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This isn't General Relativity. It is football. And the basics are pretty basic. Block, tackle, run.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We have a football coach that actually spouts this shit...........in public??????

I can understand talking privately amongst the staff......BUT we have a football coach that spouts this shit......IN PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!

For one of the VERY few times in my life, this reality has hit me so hard that I'm speechless.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not throwing a pick is typically better than throwing one. You could surely take a snap and kneel, thus doing better. What a silly lady.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Can't be serious.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I believe he referred to the defense as a whole as "safety-activated". Still don't know what that means tho.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just want someone to stand up and ask him to clarify that statement.