Cal Bears

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by OrangeEmpire, Aug 28, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wouldn't bet on it. Our dline looked bad against sdsu and the offense wasn't great. We look like a 7-5 team or something similar

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Texas is a 4 or 5 win team

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Battered fan syndrome. Droski, you, me and any nine people pulled out of a Cracker Barrel on Thanksgiving could tear the Texas offense apart.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree, but I'll believe cal can clobber even a 4 or 5 win power 5 team on the road when I see it

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cal's d has made many a terrible qb look like Joe Montana the last couple of years

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cal opens as a 1.5 point favorite, immediately goes to 2.5.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cal now a 7 point favorite. I smell a bed shitting.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Holy shit. A 5.5 point move in one day?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people are really down on texas. rightfully so. though someone is betting strong on cal. the SDSU line went from -7 to -14 in a couple of days too.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Goff is good enough to carry that team into relevancy. Watch.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's been known to get rattled at times though. i'm a huge ball washer of goff, but he hasn't turned into Rodgers yet.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

But by god, he might. Your average moron fan thinks it's "fail for Cardale." I'd take Goff over him in the draft. And the beauty is, I could get Goff with a 5-10 pick right now the way people are overlooking him. but that will probably change. He has a lot of potential, and is pretty good already.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's crazy accurate. threw 3 or 4 throws last sat I haven't seen since Rodgers. it's the mental side I don't have a feel for. if he starts poorly and/or gets hit he has a tendency to not get out of that, but it's hard to know how much of that was just being young. he's crazy confident right now and rightfully so. I think he's far better than cardale jones, hackenburg (in particular), and connor cook.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Everyone on the cal train along with a dozen articles acting like goff is jesus Christ. uh oh

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

NFL. com compared him to Rodgers.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

actually that was texas' DC they were quoting who obviously has reason to talk goff up. I don't see a lot of similarities in their game. I think if goff starts strong we win easily. otherwise who knows? goff has a history of getting rattled against big name teams early (see usc and Oregon and ohio state). but he was young and hopefully he's gotten beyond it. Rodgers would have raped texas, no doubt. that guy was fearless at cal.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I need to find a Cal Golden Bear tshirt somewhere.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You'd fit right in you smelly hippie

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I see your coach doesn't subscribe to the analytics thing....

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Goff is Jesus. Cal d sucks