Changes You Hope to See Next Week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Sep 5, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

See - Clawson, Dave 2008

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exact same? Exact? Dobbs wasn't on the field. North is. Good try though.

To say you can't judge a receiver based on his number of touches per game is ludicrous. The only excuse a good receiver can make for why he disappears from the stat sheet is if the opposing team brackets him. If he has 0 catches and isn't being double covered every night, he's not the best receiver on our team, let alone the best in the SEC.

Good players shine, and OCs get the ball to their best players. Step one of being a coach is to get the ball to your playmakers. Why do you think Amari Cooper had so many catches every game? They went out of the way to get him the ball because they knew he was the best player. If North is the best receiver in the SEC, we will start getting him the ball.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't know why we're arguing about this again, but in my mind Cooper is better until North does it on the field, whoever's fault it is. That isn't to say North couldn't do it, I think he could. Just, production > potential for me, if we're having this conversation.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bajakian or Sanders or Clawson

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because Cooper had an oc that force fed him touches.

North had an oc that believes in screens to Smith and Johnson

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now, he supposedly didn't get targeted due to his injury. I think that's silly, but people that would know have said it.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's why I'm saying if he continues to not get touches. Maybe they didn't want to throw at him a lot because they knew he would beast mode on everyone and the OU would game plan for him. Who knows. I'm just saying if he plays all season and has multiple 0 target games, he's not as good as everyone wants to believe.

8. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

The former secretary of women's gymnastics will get plenty of opportunties to prove how worthless he really is.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

I've seen enough of him to know that if this happens, it's probably something other than him not being good

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's a big difference between "not good" and "not the best in the SEC."

11. JohnnyQuickkick

i didn't realize that's what we were saying

12. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Some changes I hope to see are competent DB and LB play. Turn the pass rush loose. Give North some love.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

For all the bullshit about how the air raid can be taught in one week, it really takes 2 years before it's decent and 3 years before they can really go at full speed.

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't understand why they are going to that offense when they have the two back they have.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounds like Martin and Mac lost their green jerseys today. Hopefully both are ready to go Sat.
    McNeil was also dressed and going through drills. His status seems to still be unclear. Sounds like he got or is getting a second opinion.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Desperation

17. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, I saw McNeil was in a green jersey, and got good news about him coming back earlier than expected. Could potentially be back by Florida, but more likely something like Arkansas.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

With family illness, I haven't been able to re-watch the game. I want to see what coverages we were in and why in the hell we didn't get some safety help over the top.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To start it off, it looked like press man across the board with one high safety or cover one or whatever you want to call it. The Dieter guy was abusing Foreman in it.

Safety help came eventually, but Berry was just out of place on a few of them and props to their QB he did drop a few in a perfect spot.

I say it looked like because Berry and Foreman were out of place a few times and both looked a little confused early on.

You also had JRM telling Jumper, who is supposedly the best guy at knowing the D, where to line up.

Some of that is the pace and the fact Babers is a really good offensive mind. He's a Briles disciple and that's how they make their names. Some of it is poor coaching.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

It was frustrating to watch when it happened over and over and they didn't seem to adjust.