Charleston AME Church Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The two youngest generations with agency in this country will do serious damage to it before it's all said and done. We are reaping what was sewn with the encouraged narcissism from the deconstruction of society to reinforce the snowflake theory.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Says the guy who poured a beer out on Robert Neyland's grave.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

FBI: Breakdown in background check system allowed Dylann Roof to buy gun

Dylann Roof, who is accused of killing nine people at a church in South Carolina, should not have been able to purchase the gun used in the attack and was allowed to buy the weapon only because of breakdowns in the FBI’s background-check system, FBI Director James B. Comey said Friday....

“This case rips all of our hearts out, but the thought that an error on our part is connected to a gun this person used to slaughter these people is very painful to us,” said Comey.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...71f-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html?hpid=z1

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well then.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Impossible. Every liberal knows that background checks means no bad guys will get guns.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If only we had more laws.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Following is a list of places in South Carolina where gun possession is off limits, with or without a permit to carry:

Law enforcement facilities
    Detention facilities
    Courthouses
    Election polling places
    Government offices
    School and college athletic events
    Day care facilities
    Health care facilities
    Churches

Oh wait on law biding citizens follow the law and are left defenseless. And in this case the cops are only good for calling in the body bags.

8. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Background checks laws were in place to deny Roof the gun. Dont blame the pro-gun crowd on this one. It was the idiot that performed the background check for the feds that screwed up.

"The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which does instant background checks for 30 states, should have flagged Roof on April 11, when he went to a West Columbia gun shop to buy the firearm, Comey said. But because of a series of errors, including one on Roof's rap sheet, the examiner performing the check on Roof did not know he had admitted to drug possession in a March 1 incident, which should have rendered him an "unlawful user" ineligible to purchase the gun."

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Imagine, if he would have only followed that other law, something like, don't go around killing people, then none of those people would be dead right now.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So the 2nd amendment does or does not apply to all Americans in your opinion? Just trying to be clear on your position.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Does not.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you determine which amendments don't apply to everyone?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

not infringed on without due process is the way its supposed to be

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you mean by "supposed to be?"

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't.

Does the first pertaining to speech apply to everyone's speech no matter what they say?

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It does not.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

True too.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It applies evenly, however.

In other words, there isn't a banned list of words for felons that is acceptable for non-felons.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

True; while IP wants everything to be black and white, things rarely are. One Amendment does not apply to everyone while the other does not apply to all speech.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whoa whoa whoa. Where did I say I wanted things to be black and white? My point is exactly what float said. You need to explain why the first amendment applies equally to everyone (including exceptions for everyone), but the second amendment doesn't. Don't talk about what "IP wants." I'm IP, I know what I want. I want you to realize you aren't being consistent-- which is not the same as "wanting everything to be black and white." The first amendment isn't about the rights of speech, it is about the rights of people regarding speech. It doesn't work to say "it does not apply to all speech" as if people's rights to speech were equivalent to people.