Comey Testimony

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 8, 2017.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Looks like they gave him his phone back.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Russians have tried to influence previous elections and will try to influence future elections. It is in the spotlight now because 1 side was so blindsided by this elections results.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don't think that's true. This was in the press in a way I had never seen before before November and while pretty much everyone thought Hillary would be President.

People like Flynn were raising the eyebrows of intelligence them and now.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

On the main points:

1) Russians tried to interfere in the election. They have done so in the past and will do so in the future.

2) No Trump obstruction of Justice

3) No Trump Collusion

Did I miss any main points?

What did you hear differently on the main points?

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It's quite remarkable.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It was a good day for trump if you post out any credence at all in rumors and innuendos from the left

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not sure anyone would call me a Trump fan, but I fail to see how this was anything but a good day for him.

If I were him, I'd just let this be and be done with it. He won't, but he should.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Interesting that the president was called a liar five times yesterday and it was, somehow, a good day for him. His direct collusion with the Russians has never really been advanced as a real accusation by anyone of note, yet, and him not being under investigation has been reiterated a number of times. It's also been noted, and was yesterday a number of times, that there is still a special prosecutor out there in Mueller and this is far from over. Plus, there were some very strong words about Russian interference and inferences to questionable activities by Trump people in regards to this.

Mostly, though, Comey painted a very vivid picture of a president who cannot be trusted and is a patently dishonest and shady figure. That's not good. Plus, this idea that the obstruction of justice thing was settled yesterday is counter to what Comey actually said. There's still very much a possibility that Trump obstructed justice and Comey specifically stated that he thought Trump fired him because of the Russia investigation.

So, no, it was not a devastating day for Trump, but it certainly wasn't good. Oh, and, at some point, I have to imagine Trump will have to go under oath for the Mueller investigation. In fact, if Trump decides to foolishly pursue the "leak" charge against Comey, then that could be problematic for him, too.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

come on

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Where have you been; he is called a liar every day.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Media took a hit. Comey said what CNN and ABC had been reporting for days was wrong. They had to issue retractions.

Said the bombshell NYT article was wrong and flatly said the media is frequently wrong.

12. Unimane

That Trump, himself, is under investigation for Russian collusion? I've heard a number of times that he isn't and, while Trump most certainly is for obstruction, the Russian thing is something that I haven't seen advanced by anyone of note saying he is under investigation for collusion.

I also found it interesting that the Russian dossier made it into the hearing and Comey didn't exactly dismiss those things, either.

13. Unimane

Not by the former Director of the FBI. The fact that the sheer magnitude of Comey saying this about a president is testament to the fact of how Trump's lying is an accepted fact now. But, Comey directly calling the president someone so dishonest that he didn't want to be alone in the room with him is utterly astonishing. Somehow, though, Trump has normalized such behavior to the extent that it doesn't even register to his supporters.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd say 90% of the left believes he colluded with Russia to rig the election.

15. Unimane

People believe all kinds of shit. How many think that Obama was born in Kenya? Doesn't mean that it was promoted by someone of note said he was under investigation for it.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

As soon as Mueller starts asking how many other times Russia - and other countries - have tried to interfere with our election process, the pushing of this narrative by the media and left will be seen in a much different light, IMO.

For any who wish to see it, that is.

17. Tenacious D

Hey, nobody wants to see a great 6-month party come to an end.

But eventually, the lights come on, and it does.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd still argue it was a win for trump.

19. Tenacious D

This is perfectly stated, and I agree.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

How does that matter at all, in terms of Flynn's actions? I have never heard of a defense of criminal acts that was based on other people having committed the same crime. "Your honor, I may have robbed that gas station, but that gas station has been robbed 3 other times this year alone. I hope you can let this go."