Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I also think we're gonna see Anakin/Vader is some form. Probably in a flashback/dream/vision type, but he'll be there. No way you bring Palpatine back and not him.

2. CardinalVol

[​IMG]

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In books and stuff, palpatine came back as a clone, same as Han and Leia having twins (though that seems to not being used) and them being Jedi.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In comics and that was stupid

5. JohnnyQuickkick

If it’s a flashback or maybe a ghost, maybe ok. If it’s in the flesh, it’s stupid

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Always thought the books read like fan fiction. I mean they were okay, but ultimately just meh outside of the Thrawn trilogy and the Rogue Squadron stuff.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Some of them are definitely better than others. The Thrawn trilogy is way better than any of the current continuity/canon, movies included

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. There was some really rough writing in there. There were a few that were stories about all the background characters in the Mos Eisley cantina and in Jabba's Palace. Also one about all the bounty hunters they sent after Han. Those were entertaining. Those and the Zahn trilogy were the only ones I really recall being good.

IP likes this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Unless I'm badly mistaken, either one or both of the bounty hunters stories or the cantina stories were actually a collection of fan fiction. And yes, both of those collections were better than most of the rest of the rest of the novels. I did like the Rogue Squadron series. I can't remember most of the rest of them at this point. The Thrawn trilogy was really good.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think they were 50-60 page stories from various sci-fi authors.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I broke down and looked it up. They were not fan fiction. I think maybe one of the stories was actually fan fiction now that I think about it. I recognized a lot of the names of authors, so I know none of the three books were actually a collection of fan fiction. There was also Tales from Jabba's Palace.

My favorite was one about two weird aliens that consulted a device before making decisions that was basically a magic 8-ball. I can't recall many of the others at all, but that one I recall that part about anyway. It was funny.

12. CardinalVol

Thinking Palpatine survived and Vadered himself. The scene with him and Rey was him in his Vader-esque form.

13. CardinalVol

Also, the Ghost making another cameo (assumed) is cool.

Some of the theories are going to force me to go back and have to friggin watch Clone Wars again.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Awful

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Those were a bit silly but entertaining

16. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Lord Mormin establishes that a Sith can be resurrected. It can be a spirit or conscious that can be placed in a living form.

The trailer has a Battlefront II Operation Cinder feel to it. The Emperor prepared for Vader’s betrayal and set in motion a massive regrouping ready for the Emperor’s return.

It would help explain Snoke and his role in a power play or militia role. The first order’s original intention was to buy time for the regrouping.

Snoke could be a Ernst Rohm type.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

It just makes the best movies of the whole damn franchise kinda add up to being meaningless

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m preparing to be redneck mad over this

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is funny to me. Redneck mad. Star Wars

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This shit is serious.