Conference Championship Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Jan 19, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He just needs a whistle around his neck

[​IMG]

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Except that Deion Sanders already did this bit.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just came to post this Norris.

[​IMG]

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Bart Scott.

5. NorrisAlan

Free advice for NBC:

After the season, have Manning come back for SNL and do "Celebrity Jeopardy". His only question for every answer: "What is Omaha?!?!"

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they want to crown his ass, crown him. I'm not saying he is stupid, but he's no Stanford genius.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. marshawn lynch had a 3.0 GPA at cal. and I assure you he ain't no genius. getting a 3.5 at an already grade inflated school like Stanford in a bunch of joke athlete classes doesn't mean he's a genius. means he isn't dumb as shit, but there is a large gap between the two.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Holy crap, we are in perfect agreement. I wouldn't state it any differently at all.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

but it's still good for Stanford to give him preferential treatment in the admissions process. There is no debate that athletes get preferential admissions treatment at D1 schools. He did. He had no prayer of going to Stanford apart from athletics. Same for Tiger Woods.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. It is especially pronounced at a D-1 private school like Stanford.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is why my head explodes when meatheads like shane skov show up at press conferences dressed like a "geek" and people blow Andrew luck as some sort of genius despite the fact his major was as challenging as art history.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hmmmmm...........

Lots of underlying tones in this thread..............can't quite put my finger on it.............Sherman.........Tiger.........Skov.......

Oh, never mind.

13. NorrisAlan

Tiger seems like he is definitely smart enough to get into Stanford on his academic work, if that was where he applied all of his focus.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

where would you get that idea?

Elway was dumb as shit too.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

seeming smart enough and crossing the Stanford cut line, which is as high as any in the country. Your average presentable smart dude doesn't just go to Stanford. Tiger doesn't strike me as Stanford level "exceptionally" bright.

Luck and Sherman damn sure don't.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

agreed. Elway is a hyper competitive, incredibly gifted athlete. He isn't a Fulbright Scholar.

There are several people on this board drastically more academically gifted that any of these people.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly. I think we confuse athletes that aren't complete dumbshits with smart people. kobe and Jordan are smart compared to the rest of the tards in the nba, but neither had the iq to do anything else nearly as successful. frankly that's generally why you spend 100 hours a week working on a sport. if you knew you'd be going to Stanford based on academics chances are you aren't as motivated to make it in athletics.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thanks bpv.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I assumed he was talking about me and he was finally admitting I am right about manning.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

From what I remember, Tiger was an honor student in high school with a high GPA and was going after a real major when he went to Stanford. Economics, or something similar. Sherman got a degree in communications, which, if they are anything like the schools I've been, is sort of a collective major for athletes to pursue without doing much hard work, kind of like sociology or parks and recreation.