Connecticut Shootings, Christmastime, and Christianity

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by A-Smith, Dec 16, 2012.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

For the record, my communism/censorship post was a joke.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hmmm...Maybe I should keep this in mind. 2014 has been our first baby target year.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

My wife is very low maintenance. I get in trouble if I even buy her flowers, she thinks thats a waste of money.

4. Oldvol75

Let me give you some friendly advise, under NO circumstance if you sleep through the baby crying at night, ask her if the baby slept all night. Not a good outcome.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sound advice. Immediately apologize for not hearing the baby. IMMEDIATELY.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

A couple of nights ago I slept through the babies first two feedings and got woken up around 2am and berated for being too drunk and how I "abandoned" her. Keep in mind I was a foot away and surely not drunk enough that if she needed me I couldn't do anything (not that I have milk producing breasts anyway) and I know of multiple nights I slept through it when sober. Also keep in mind this is the same woman who played beer pong on a regular basis at least 14 months ago, but hey what are you going to do?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What kind father doesn't lactate?

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

A deadteat dad.

9. NorrisAlan

Niiice

10. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

well its 5 days till we meet god ,Satan or worms.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Fwiw, dr. moore will probably get a kick out of creating such a stir on a ut football message board. I worked for him for a couple years. One of the most brilliant and entertaining people i've ever known.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Same great punchlines, now with less popsicle.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My brother was in his Sunday School class in Louisville.

14. Oldvol75

So you know!! Nice!

15. hallowed_hill

I was too. When?

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I guess around 2007-2008 at Ninth and O Baptist. His name is Nathan Smith. Really short guy. Med student.

17. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

They do everyday, IMO.

I'm a Christian, and I believe that as God's creations, and being created in his image, we are creators as well. Therefore, all the advancements in medicine, and things that help people live a normal life, are part of the science of life, which to me means that because we are creating things that are inherently helping people. That's how I can tie together a part of faith and science.

I know others may not necessarily agree with me, but that's how I see things.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think that's solid.

19. hallowed_hill

Cool. Sounds really familiar. I was in the class from '05-'07 before going on staff at highview. Used to lead a couple songs every week.

20. NorrisAlan

I think the science that is most hated on is cosmology and evolution. Which is sad, imho.