Cops Are So Cool and Tough: Sandra Bland Version

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Jul 27, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand what that would demonstrate.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I never said **** off, but I did call one a lazy SOB who cared more about meeting his ticket quota than he did anything else.

I then called his office, and when the guy there gave me the attitude of how hard it was to be a cop, I laughed and said "dude, you are a Brentwood cop, what exactly life threatening do you have every day other than writing tickets to justify your existance?" They didn't even do traffic by the schools in the morning.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Me either, as I am not sure anyone here advocated calling a cop a ****wad and speeding away.

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Even if I tell a cop to **** off or I try to drive off, does that mean I deserve to be shot?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Closest I came was having to put forth great effort not to just laugh in one's face.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Remember the guy who pulled us over when what's his name flipped him off, and said something about the wreck we were keeping him from working?

7. CardinalVol

"Sir, do you know that there is a traffic wreck with fatalities back there."

"No sir, I didn't. So why are you here?"

Had forgotten that.

8. CardinalVol

See below.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The officer picked the wrong city to pull that epic act of idiocy. Joe Deters don't play and he loves him some spotlight.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Not the best analogy, homeboy. Her car.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Deter slammed him for 30 minutes; I have never seen anything like it:

[video=youtube;TrSfVk-tqug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrSfVk-tqug[/video]

12. kidbourbon

Rightly or wrongly, I was not taught at a young age that cops were necessarily right, or even that they were good people. So I've always had a healthy distrust for them. The ubiquity of cameras just adds layers and layers of confirmatory proof to what I've believed to be true for pretty much as long as I can remember.

13. kidbourbon

Worst argument of the week?

Or just the day?

Votes, anybody?

14. kidbourbon

Because this sentiment is cowardly and borderline anti-american. You're pretty much killing your forefathers, Larry.

15. kidbourbon

Are you suggest that there is no such thing as rights?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did she get pulled out of her car because she didn't put it out?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently. That's when he told her to get out of the car, and he failed to provide a reason to do so.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm suggesting what some people believe their rights to be, and what their rights actually are can be a little different.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Wasn't for any arrestable offense. "You don't respect me just because I wear an Andy Griffith costume" doesn't constitute a crime.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

AND, right back to my main point here, and every other discussion on this board where everyone thinks the cops are here to murder every citizen of the USA, had she shut her ****ing mouth, put that stupid ****ing cigarette out, said yes sir, no sir, here is my license and registration, her dumbass would have drove off and possibly be alive right now as we speak. Just like all of the guys here, that do the same thing when they get pulled over. Yes sir, I'm sorry sir, no sir, thank you sir, then drive home to their computers and talk about how cops are ********s.