Correcting the ‘fairy tale’: A SEAL’s account of how Osama bin Laden really died

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Nov 9, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a movie. I think perhaps you give too much credit. How long did it take to find Osama again?

2. There is NOWHERE in the USA or Canada you can go and have a private conversation, if the government wants to listen in. NOWHERE!

Until we no longer needed "the boogeyman".

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

For anyone who wants to, we are going to play a game. This is a simple encrypted message. I know it is simple, because I wrote the program. It is a RSA based encryption (help #1), that is numeric (help #2).

The source to the encrypt/decrypt program is attached. (last help).

View attachment rsa.c.txt

Anyone willing to crack this very, very basic message may have at it. It is also written in C and compiles very nicely on Ubuntu.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Explain, please.

5. fl0at_

Yes there is. It is called your personal laptop, that has no access to the Internet, or any network of any kind. With that message planted on a thumb drive and delivered by hand, to whom you want to speak to. And that message then read on a personal laptop with no network connection.

Hey... that is what they were doing. Amazing. Do you know what conversation was picked up? The courier. Funnily enough though, that private conversation... never picked up. Amazing.

6. I'm not sure what your point is?

7. fl0at_

That SIGINT cannot take place without the signal, and all data collected was not transmitted. Therefore, it can't be analyzed as quickly as you think. And even simple encryption takes time to unmask, filter, digest and determine if relevant.

Thus, I don't put too little stock in our ability, you put too great a stock on a romanticized view of electronic warfare.

8. Osama was no longer needed.

Kill the boogeyman, and "why are we still there" gets much harder to answer.

9. No, it is not romanticized in the least.

10. fl0at_

Yea, yea it is.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is very paranoid. Not "it was an inside job!" paranoid, but approaching it. So you think George Bush WANTED us to stay in Afghanistan and Iraq so much that he let Obama stay on the loose?

12. Believe what you want to believe. I'll believe what I know to be true.

BTW, How long does it take DNA evidence to be processed?

How long did it take to process Osama's? They had it done before Obama hit the TV.

13. Do you think we went into Iraq because of Osama?

No one can really be sure what a POTUS is doing and why. Unless you know what goes on the security briefings.

No, I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not paranoid.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most cases it takes a couple of weeks, but it can be rushed (expensively) in a couple of hours. That is what they did for Obama.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, but staying in Iraq was definitely defended as being necessary to keep terrorism from finding a home there in the power vacuum created by Saddam's regime being toppled.

16. fl0at_

Then I'll continue to believe you are delusional. And you'll likely know that to be true as well.

Depends. Last time I did a PCR on DNA, it took 24 hours. But then again, I did PCR. There are much faster methods. You could, in theory, do a RADT with a specific biomarker to his RFs, as gotten from one of his relatives, and get results in 10-15 minutes. Or, at least RADT similar, but probably more along the lines of immunoflourescence.

Why do you ask?

17. Right, you are all knowing. Everyone else is delusional. People with that attitude usually don't know their ass from third base.

My point was, the government isn't a couple guys with a laptop trying decipher evidence.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just remembered, didn't they make a snap test specific for Osama that was deployed with the SEALs in the field? I think I read that.

The lab work was mostly done prior to the mission. Just needed the test sample.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure Float was one of those "government" guys.

20. fl0at_

And a RADT can be done in your Pediatrician's office. Whoo. Wow. Advanced stuff.