Correcting the ‘fairy tale’: A SEAL’s account of how Osama bin Laden really died

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Nov 9, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would have mortally wounded him and then started force-feeding him bacon and honey-cured ham. Burn in Muslim hell, too, you bastard.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  3. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I concur, completely. Just because we don't condone behaving as animals, that does not disqualify us to treat the detritus as such.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Lol at SOJ in this thread. Float was nice not to embarrass him further.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He did 16 years. 4 short of retiring with benefits. He can put his 16 toward 20 in any Federal service.

Odds are he was just done. Just tired of it all.

And the military isn't going to work to make it easier for their multi-million dollar machines to just walk out of the door. It isn't that they wouldn't want them to succeed elsewhere, but that making it easier means one less man in the fight. One more guy they have to replace, integrate into the team, and one more newbie they have to select to replace the guy they just moved up.

The military tries very hard to convince everyone that they can't make it on the outside. Because otherwise, it makes re-enlistment very difficult.

The guy probably thought three letters would be all over him, and if he left without securing that, that is on him.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There was a rather large section of a stealth helicopter left on the ground at the site. I don't imagine that would be very easy to explain. Al-Qaeda knew who was there and after these reports, would assume their information was forfeit and that Bin Laden was dead.

Might as well fess up and say "yeah, he is dead" and move on at that point. Unless I am missing something.

EDIT: Just realized this thing is a year and a half old. Carry on.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting, I've never thought about any of this.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, but I can understand the criticism. It is hard to not see some politicking going on with it though.