Could Ronald Reagan get the GOP nod in 2012?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just post his stances not his name. Then later reveal who it is. I saw a similar question dealing with Hitler and Churchill.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yesterday I posted that I will vote for obama before santorum. I might as well said I was going to begin worshipping satan.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Like I said, thinking with emotion. Anyone that truly feels Santorum would be a good President deserves whatever they get if the planets align correctly allowing him to win the election.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd agree with you cardinal. though i think santorum would lose by teh biggest landslide on history to obama anyway.

5. CardinalVol

I think reagan/mondale would still trump it because santorum would still carry many raditional red states, but I could see obama winning 40.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he bound to say at least a couple of things that will keep moderates from voting at all by the millions and probably energize a currently not so energized democratic base. i frankly can't imagine a better candidate for obama.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It would be better to present the points you made about Reagan, but present him as a n anonymous candidate. See if that is enough to automatically rule him out. Then a few days later let em know it's Ronald.

Edit: Jay knows what's up.

8. CardinalVol

That was going to be my plan. Sorry I didn't make that clear, or even blurry.