COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

TN update.

1098 confirmed cases
    76 hospitlized
    3 deaths

2. Beechervol

I agree with IP that we have and have had more cases than reported. The farther we are removed from the start it seems like that number could be substantially higher. A lot of that we may never really know.

There is little to no reason to believe anything China says anymore.

justingroves likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

IP also says it's not China's they lied to WHO.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is interesting. No clue if any of it right. Says April will be the heart of it as anticipated. By mid May we should be back to about now levels, which is tolerable.

Average of 30 deaths per day in Tennessee for April. About 1500 total through 4 months. Peaking at 51/day on April 21 is the projection. Looks like a slight shortage of ICU beds for a couple of weeks.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Already changed all my plans.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Keep in mind all that tailing off and peaking is caused by when we began quarantines state by state. So lifting those would change this.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Right. I think with weather, etc. they can probably lift at about May 7 or so. That's a long time.

New York's numbers are sickening. Trump's on TV right now saying how we're going to go back to work and go back very soon. But I don't know if people will even be willing to do that once the carnage begins in earnest. Everybody's cocky until they start having loved ones in the hospital.

9. Beechervol

I think the road back to normal starts in segments.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s awesome. I really hope we see these approaches decrease the death rates and free up ICU beds.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't think people understand that it's not hit critical levels in 90% of the country yet.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah, I've seen tons of people on social media that think this is almost over, and we're 'bout to get the all clear.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sure, and there may have to be starts then additional stops in places.

14. CardinalVol

We're putting out a schedule for Little League that starts on April 25th. A couple of folks think things are improving and it's a good shot we will play then.

I didn't say a word other than we should bump the start day to Monday.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

LL international is recommending May 11th. We are talking about extending games into july which is nutso

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The one thing I worry about this chloroquine theory is the drug does have actual proven uses for other conditions, such as lupus. I hope this isn't the sort of thing where a few anecdotal stories, like this one, don't provide false hope and start a binge on the drug for Covid-19 and cut short supply for those who need it for its proven effectiveness.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

19. CardinalVol

As of now our schools are scheduled to go back the 27th, and since it also says that you should rely on school districts we are using that as an excuse. I've quit trying to fight it.

droski likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

Saw a case on Twitter where it has.